We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Come, Ye Thankful People, Come/ George Elvey
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #1 Ancient of Days
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k – 7th meet downstairs; the High School and Adult Class meets in the Sanctuary.
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- Following worship, please join us downstairs for a reception to welcome our new members.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, “Who Is the Holy Spirit?” community groups at the church. We will enjoy a fellowship potluck together and sing as a large group. Then we will break into smaller groups for study and prayer.
- 6:00 pm, Tonight, Piedmont Area “Who Is the Holy Spirit?” community group (address in bulletin).
- 5:00 pm, Tuesday, Session and Deacon Meeting.
- 6:30 pm, Tuesday, Loving Him Well (Women’s Study) at the church.
- 4:30 pm, Wednesday, Music Practice.
- 5:00 pm, Wednesday, Son Light Puppeteer practice.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k-4th and the Middle School Youth for grades 5th-7th begin. Meal provided.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center for grades 8th-12th. Meal provided.
- 6:30-7:30 pm, Wednesday, “The Study of Eschatology”
- 6 am, Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 8 am, Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- November 19th, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- 5:00 pm, November 19th, we invite you to share a traditional Thanksgiving meal together as a church family followed by a time giving thanks together in a worship service. Please RSVP using the sign up sheets located in the Foyer or check your texts for the link. Also, if you enjoy baking pies or preparing homemade cranberry sauce, we have provided an opportunity – see the sign up (It will be most helpful for all supplies to be at the church by Wed, November 15th)
- November 22nd, there will be no Wednesday Evening activities.
- November 26th, there will be no Sunday School.
- 8:45 am, December 1st, MOPS meets at the church.
- This November we will be blessing some local families in need with Thanksgiving meals. Check your email and text for the link to sign up. Bring all items to the church by November 12th.
- Please take a Mercy Bag from the basket in the Foyer and bless a person who is in need. This bag includes toiletries, a McDonald’s gift card, and a Christian tract.
Responsive Call to Worship: From Revelation 19
Leader: Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, for true and just are his judgments.
All: Amen, Hallelujah!
Leader: Praise our God, all you his servants, you who fear him, both great and small!
All: Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory!
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #439 Christ Shall Have Dominion
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Call to Confession: Psalm 32: 1 – 6
Leader: Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit.
All: When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin.
Leader: Therefore let all the faithful pray to you while you may be found.
Silent Confession of Sin
Corporate Prayer of Confession:
All: Almighty Father, we enter your presence confessing the things we try to conceal from You and the things we try to conceal from others. We confess the heartbreak, worry, and sorrow we have caused that make it difficult for others to forgive us. We have failed to love others as You love us. We have not exalted You above all else. We cling to the sins that entangle, rather than accepting the freedom You offer us by Your grace. Forgive us and have mercy on us. In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen.
Assurance of Pardon: Psalm 103: 8 – 12
Leader: The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
Hymn of Assurance: Songs of Faith #20 Christ Is Mine Forevermore
We Give Thanks To The Lord
We Welcome the Goldens and the Siemonsmas into the Membership of Foothills
The Baptism of Clementine S. as a Child of the Covenant
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #129 (verses 1-4) I Belong to Jesus
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: ‘Tis a Gift to be Simple/ The Master Hath Come (in the style of Beethoven’s 32 Variations in C minor) Sarah Doudney (1841-1926)
We Hear God Speak
(At this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.)
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
I Didn’t Know There Would Be A Test Romans 14: 9 – 12 (Part 1)
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 11-12-23 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Songs of Faith #23 Knowing You
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymn: Just A Closer Walk With Thee
Postlude: Let All Things Now Living/ Traditional Welsh Melody