We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #10 Here I Am to Worship
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. (Pre-k – 7th meet downstairs; the High School and Adult Class meets in the Sanctuary.
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- 5:30 pm, tonight, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, tonight, “Who Is the Holy Spirit?” community groups begin at the church. We will enjoy a fellowship potluck together and sing as a large group. Then we will break into smaller groups for study and prayer.
- 6:00 pm, tonight, Piedmont Area “Who Is the Holy Spirit?” community group begins (address in bulletin).
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Session Meeting.
- 6 am, Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 5:30 pm, Friday, ‘Flourishing in the Courts of Our God’ Women’s Retreat.
- 8:00 am, Saturday, ‘Flourishing in the Courts of Our God’ Women’s Retreat.
- 8 am, Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study. (This Saturday, we will meet on TJ’s porch)
- September 17th, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- 5:00 pm, September 20th, Son Light Puppeteer practice resumes.
- 6:15 pm, September 20th, High School Youth Group resumes for grades 8th-12th.
- 9:00 am, September 23rd, Clean Up Day at the church.
- 5:00 pm, September 24th, Fall KQ Kick-Off BBQ and KQ registration.
- 4:30 pm, September 27th, Music Practice resumes. See Rachel A. for more information.
- 5:30 pm, September 27th, Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k-4th and the Middle School Youth for grades 5th-7th begin. Meal provided.
- Following the Kids’ Quest meal, September 27th, The Study of Eschatology for the adults begins at the church.
- During the month of September, we will be taking a collection for the High School Scooper Pantry. See the bulletin for a list of needed items. You may drop off the items in the basket in the Foyer. Please bring all items by September 24th. If you have any questions, see Amy K.
A Moment for Ministry: Loving Him Well
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 86: 8 – 10
Leader: There is none like you among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like yours.
All: All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name.
Leader: For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #164 O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Call to Confession: Hebrews 4: 14 – 16
Leader: Since, then, we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast to our confession.
All: For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who in every respect has been tested as we are, yet without sin.
Leader: Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Silent Confession of Sin
Corporate Prayer of Confession:
All: Gracious and forgiving God, You always love us, yet we do not always act like we love You. Our self-delusions and self-justifications run deep. Too many times we trust in our own ability and decision-making. Too many times we fail to live as grateful disciples of Jesus Christ. Forgive us for our blindness, willfulness, and pride. Set us back on Your path of grace, witness, and service. We pray this humbly in the name of Jesus. Amen.
Assurance of Pardon: Psalm 103: 8 – 12
Leader: The LORD is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #308 Jesus Paid It All
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
(Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.)
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
The Continuing Debt to Love Romans 13: 8 – 10
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 9-10-23 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: O The Deep, Deep Love of Jesus
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymn: Hymnal #134 (verse 1) God Will Take Care of You