We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Ancient of Days
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as Adult Classes are in the basement. 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- 5:30pm ”James: Christian Maturity” Community Group – Ackerman home (Address in Bulletin) Meal provided. Meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday
- 6:00pm Loftus Community Group: Loftus Home (Address in Bulletin) Dessert provided. Meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday
- 5:30 Young Adult Bible Study: Heeren Home (Address in Bulletin). Meal provided. Meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday
- 6:15pm Wednesday – High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided, study titled The Person of Jesus. For more information call Shonda Jolley
- 6am Thursday- Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
- 8am Saturday –Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
Mark Your Calendar:
- Wednesday, October 6th, 5:30pm, Kids’ Quest begins for ages pre-k through 7th
- Wednesday, October 6th, “Faith of Our Fathers” small group begins.
- Thursday, October 7th, 6:45pm—Women’s Bible Study at the church. Study of Ephesians.
- Thursday, October 14th, Bella Pregnancy Center’s 20th annual Gala for Life banquet—Spearfish’s Holiday Inn. If interested in attending, see Todd for tickets.
- Mending the Soul Support GroupNew support group for women who were sexually abused as minors. Applications in the foyer. Reach out to Kristen L. for more information.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 23:1–6
Leader: The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
All: He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul.
Leader: He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
All: Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Leader: You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
All: Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Bulletin Insert “Be Strong in the Lord”
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: From the Heidelberg Catechism
Leader: Question 31 asks, “Why is he called ‘Christ,’ meaning ‘anointed?’”
All: Because he has been ordained by God the Father and has been anointed with the Holy Spirit to be our chief prophet and teacher who fully reveals to us the secret counsel and will of God concerning our deliverance; our only high priest who has delivered us by the one sacrifice of his body; and our eternal king who governs us by his Word and Spirit, and who guards us and keep us in the freedom he has won for us.
Leader: Question 32 asks, “But why are you called a Christian?”
All: Because by faith I am a member of Christ and so I share in his anointing. I am anointed to confess his name, to present myself to him as a living sacrifice of thanks, to strive with a free conscience against sin and the devil and afterward to reign with Christ over all creation for eternity.
We Confess Our Sin
Corporate Prayer of Confession
Assurance of Pardon
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #528 “My Faith Looks Up to Thee”
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Ministry Moment: Sound Team
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Sermon- Rev. Denzel Nonhof
Ephesians 6:10-13, “Be Strong ~ Stand Firm”
Hymn of Response: Bulletin Insert “The Battle Belongs to the Lord”
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Closing: Hymnal #384 (verses 1&2) “Lord, Dismiss Us with Your Blessing”