We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Ancient of Days
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as Adult Classes are in the basement. 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- 5:00 Fellowship Meal to Thank Our Teachers. If your last name begins with A – L please bring a side to share. If it begins with M – Z please bring a dessert to share.
- 6:15pm Wednesday – High School Youth Group at the Jolley’s. Meal provided, study titled The Person of Jesus. For more information call Shonda.
- 6am Thursday- Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
- 8am Saturday –Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
Every 2nd and 4th Sunday:
- 5:30pm ”James: Christian Maturity” Community Group – Ackerman home. Meal provided.
- 6:00pm Loftus Community Group: Loftus Home. Dessert provided
- 5:30 Young Adult Bible Study: Heeren Home. Meal provided.
Mark Your Calendar:
- Thursday, October 7th, 6:45pm—Women’s Bible Study at the church. Study of Ephesians.
- Thursday October 14th, Bella Pregnancy Center’s 20th annual Gala for Life banquet—Spearfish’s Holiday Inn. If interested in attending, see Todd Ackerman for tickets.
- Mending the Soul Support GroupNew support group for women who were sexually abused as minors. Applications in the foyer. Reach out to Kristen L. for more information.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 118: 24, Psalm 95: 1 – 2; Psalm 116: 12 – 13
Leader: This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
All: Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise!
Leader: What shall I render to the Lord for all his benefits to me?
All: I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: #420 At The Lamb’s High Feast We Sing
We Confess Our Faith
The Apostles’ Creed
We Confess Our Sin
Silent Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon: 1 Timothy 1: 15; 1 Peter 2: 24
Leader: Hear the good news! The saying is trustworthy and worthy of full acceptance. Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, that we might be dead to sin, and live to righteousness.
Hymn of Assurance: #308 Jesus Paid It All
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Two Moments for Ministry: Caring and Connection Team; Worship Team
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Sermon: The Substitute Romans 4: 20 – 25
Hymn of Response: How Deep The Father’s Love For Us
The Lord’s Supper
Hymn of Response: Victory in Jesus
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Oh How He Loves You and Me