We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Morning Bell/ Johann Friedrich Burgmuller
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #18 Cornerstone
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is studying Christ in the Covenants in the Sanctuary.
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- Today we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper
- 5:00 pm, Tonight, Fall Kick-off BBQ.
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Session Meeting.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center. See Shonda J. for more information.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
7:15 pm, Thursday, Prayer Meeting at Daniel and Sarah’s (address in the bulletin). For more information contact Daniel.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 5:30 pm, September 25, Small Groups meet at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into three groups for prayer and study. Two groups study Ferguson’s “Let’s Study Ephesians” and one group discusses the daily application to that week’s sermon. Meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month.
- 5:30 pm, September 25, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s (address in bulletin). Meal provided.
- 5:00 pm, September 28th, Sonlight Puppeteer practice resumes.
- 5:30 pm, September 28th, Kids’ Quest begins for pre-k—7th grade. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, September 28th, J-Curve Study begins for the adults at the church. Meal provided. See Ron B. for more information.
- We are taking Deacon Nominations now through the 25th. Please read the newsletter article about the process and qualifications. Cards are available to fill out located on the Greeters’ Table. The one casting the nomination and the one being nominated must both be members of Foothills.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media(rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
- The Scooper Pantry is in need of several shelf-stable, easy-to-make meals. See Amy K. for more information.
- We are in need of substitute teachers and helpers for Sunday School and Kids’ Quest. Text or call Amy K. for more information.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 34: 1 – 8
Leader: I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
All: My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad.
Leader: Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.
All: I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.
Leader: Those who look to him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed.
All: This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles.
Leader: The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.
All: Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #100 Holy, Holy, Holy
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: Nicene Creed hymnal page #846
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Reading: Psalm 139: 1 – 4, 23 – 24
Leader: O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
All: Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!
Silent Confession of Sin
Prayer of Confession
Assurance of Pardon
Hymn of Assurance: Songs of Faith #41 God Be Merciful To Me
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: I’ve Been ‘Buked an ‘ I’ve Been Scorned/ Negro Spiritual
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Gazelle Like Intensity Romans 9: 6
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 9-18-22 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: As The Deer (verses 1, 3)
The Lord’s Supper
A Word About Communion: Foothills Community Church welcomes all baptized Christians who are willing to forsake their sin and who are trusting in Jesus Christ for salvation to receive Communion with us. If you are not able to take Communion, we invite you to use this time to pray before God.
The Bread (is gluten-free)
The Cup (outer ring contains wine; inner rings contains grape juice)
Hymn of Response: Songs of Faith #2 Reformation Song
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymnal #735 Gloria Patri
Postlude: When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder