Greeting and Announcements
- Session Meeting on Monday at 6p.
- We will celebrate the Lord’s Supper next Sunday the 19th.
- Middle School Communicants’ Class today after worship. Lunch provided.
- High School Youth Group will start its new year on September 15, 2021. We will meet each week at the home of the Jolley’s. Each week we will have a meal together and engage in a study titled The Person of Jesus.
- Make plans to join us Sunday evening, September 19th at 5:00 PM for a fellowship meal and a time to give thanks for all of our Children’s Ministry Volunteers. The church will supply hamburgers and hot dogs. If your last name begins with A – L please bring a side to share. If it begins with M – Z please bring a dessert to share.
- Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study meets on Thursday morning at 6:00 AM and Saturday morning at 8:00 AM.
- Ackerman Community Group: Begins tonight at 5:30. There will be fellowship, meal, song, prayer, and study on the book of James. (Meeting every 2nd and 4th Sunday)
- Loftus Community Group: Begins tonight at 6 pm. Will be discussing and applying the morning’s sermon. Dessert provided. (Meeting every 2nd and 4th Sunday)
- Young Adult Bible Study: Begins tonight at 5:30 at the Heeren Home. There will be a meal, fellowship, prayer and Bible study. (Meeting every 2nd and 4th Sunday)
- Thursday Night, 6:30 PM—There will be an organizational meeting for all who are interested in attending a Women’s Bible Study.
- Saturday, September 18th Work Day 9:00 am to work on parking lot lighting.
- Mending the Soul Support Group New support group for women who were sexually abused as minors. Applications in the foyer. Reach out to Kristen L. for more information.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 115: 1; 104: 33 – 35
All: Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!
Leader: I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being. May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the Lord.
All: Bless the Lord, O my soul! Praise the Lord!
Hymn of Response: Glorify Thy Name
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: #164 O For A Thousand Tongues (verses 1-4)
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Reading: Westminster Shorter Catechism Questions 1, 2, and 3
Leader: What is the chief end of man?
All: Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.
Leader: What rule hath God given to direct us how we may glorify and enjoy him?
All: The word of God, which is contained in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, is the only rule to direct us how we may glorify and enjoy him.
Leader: What do the Scriptures principally teach?
All: The Scriptures principally teach what man is to believe concerning God, and what duty God requires of man.
Corporate and Silent Confession of Sin
All: Almighty and most merciful Father, we have erred and strayed from Your ways like lost sheep. We have followed too much the devices and desires of our own hearts. We have offended against Your holy laws. We have left undone those things which we ought to have done; and we have done those things which we ought not to have done; and there is nothing good in us. O Lord, have mercy upon us, miserable offenders. Spare those, O God, who confess their faults. Restore those who are penitent; according to Your promises declared unto men in Christ Jesus our Lord. Grant that we may hereafter live a godly, righteous, and sober life; to the glory of His name. Amen
Assurance of Pardon: Psalm 103: 8, 10-12
Leader: The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness. He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him. As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
Hymn of Assurance: #467 Wonderful Grace of Jesus
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Ministry Moment: Amy– Children’s Ministry
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available for 0 to 3 years old and Children’s Church is offered for 4 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Sermon: Faith and Grace for Glory Romans 4: 20 – 25
Hymn of Response: Amazing Grace/My Chains Are Gone
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Seek Ye First