We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: A Hymn/ Ludwig Schytte (1848-1909)
Gathering Hymn: We Bring the Sacrifice of Praise
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is studying Christ in the Covenants in the Sanctuary.
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Small Groups begin. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into three groups for prayer and study. Two groups will study Ferguson’s “Let’s Study Ephesians” and one group will go through the week’s sermon and discuss its application to daily living. Will meet every 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month at the church.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s (address in the bulletin). Meal provided.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday, High School Youth Group begins at the Community Center. See Shonda J. for more information.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
7:15 pm, Thursday, Prayer Meeting at Daniel and Sarah’s (address in the bulletin). For more information contact Sarah.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 9 am, Saturday, we will have a Clean Up Day at the church. See Lowell S. for more information.
- 5:00 pm, September 18th, Fall Kick-off BBQ. The church will provide hamburgers and hot dogs; check your email for the link to sign up to bring sides and desserts.
- September 18th, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- 6:00 pm, September 19th, Session Meeting.
- Pastor Jeff and Carey will be out of town on vacation until September 15th. If you have a pastoral need, please contact one of the elders.
- We are taking Deacon Nominations now through the 25th. Please read the newsletter article about the process and qualifications. Cards are available to fill out located on the Greeters’ Table. The one casting the nomination and the one being nominated must both be members of Foothills.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media(rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
- The Scooper Pantry is in need of several shelf-stable, easy-to-make meals. See Amy K. for more information.
- We are in need of substitute teachers and helpers for Sunday School and Kids’ Quest. Text or call Amy K. for more information.
- During Kids’ Quest on Wednesday evenings, we will offer a study for the adults called the J-Curve. If interested, please contact Ron Beug so we can place our book order.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 100
Leader: Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing!
All: Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Leader: Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!
All: For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #457 Come Thou Fount
We Confess Our Sin
All: Almighty and most merciful Father, We have erred and strayed from Your ways like lost sheep. We have followed too much the devices and desires of our own hearts. We have offended against Your holy laws. We have left undone those things which we ought to have done; And we have done those things which we ought not to have done; And there is no health in us. O Lord, have mercy upon us, miserable offenders. Spare those, O God, who confess their faults. Restore those who are penitent, According to Your promises declared unto mankind in Jesus Christ our Lord. And grant, O merciful Father, for His sake, That we may hereafter live a godly, righteous, and sober life; To the glory of Your holy name. Amen.
Silent Confession of Sin
Prayer of Confession
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: 1 John 1: 4 – 9
Leader: This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the light as He Himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.
All: If we say we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #455 (verses 1, 3, 4, 5) And Can It Be That I Should Gain
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: I’ve Been In The Storm Too Long/ Negro Spiritual
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Urgent to Serve John 13
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #585 Take My Life, and Let It Be
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Take the Name of Jesus With You
Postlude: Jesus, Keep Me Near The Cross/Wm. H. Doane