We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #1 Ancient of Days
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is studying Christ in the Covenants in the Sanctuary.
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Small Groups meet at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into three groups for prayer and study. Two groups study Ferguson’s “Let’s Study Ephesians” and one group discusses the daily application to that week’s sermon. Meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 5:00 pm, Wednesday, Sonlight Puppeteer practice.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for pre-k—7th grade. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, J-Curve Study for the adults at the church. Meal provided. See Ron B. for more information.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesdays, New Members’ class for the middle and high schoolers.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center. See Shonda J. for more information.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 7:15 pm, Thursday, Prayer Meeting at Daniel and Sarah’s (address in the bulletin). For more information contact Daniel.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- October 16th, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- 6:00 pm, October 16th, Hymn Sing and Fellowship. Please bring a dessert to share.
- 6:00 pm, October 17th, Session Meeting.
- 6:00 pm, October 30th, Reformation Service. Please bring a dessert to share.
- 6:30 pm, November 4th, Ladies’ Night of Fellowship at the church. Contact Tracy K. with any questions.
- The Session has decided to extend deacon nominations through the end of October. Cards are available to fill out located on the Greeters’ Table. The one casting the nomination and the one being nominated must both be members of Foothills.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media(rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
- The Scooper Pantry is in need of several shelf-stable, easy-to-make meals. See Amy K. for more information.
- We are in need of a rotation of helpers to set up and clean up the meal at Kids’ Quest on Wednesdays. Text or call Amy K. for more information.
- There will be no Children’s Church today. There is still a nursery available for ages 0-2 and Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4
Responsive Call to Worship: Daniel 7: 9 – 10, 13 – 14
Leader: “As I looked, thrones were placed, and the Ancient of Days took his seat; his clothing was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool; his throne was fiery flames; its wheels were burning fire. A stream of fire issued and came out from before him; a thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the court sat in judgment, and the books were opened.
All: And behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him. And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #38 Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: Westminster Shorter Catechism Questions 4, 7 – 11
Leader: What is God?
All: God is a Spirit, infinite, eternal, and unchangeable, in his being, wisdom, power, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth.
Leader: What are the decrees of God?
All: The decrees of God are, his eternal purpose, according to the counsel of his will, whereby, for his own glory, he has foreordained whatsoever comes to pass.
Leader: How doth God execute his decrees?
All: God executes his decrees in the works of creation and providence.
Leader: What is the work of creation?
All: The work of creation is, God’s making all things of nothing, by the word of his power, in the space of six days, and all very good.
Leader: How did God create man?
All: God created man male and female, after his own image, in knowledge, righteousness, and holiness, with dominion over the creatures.
Leader: What are God’s works of providence?
All: God’s works of providence are, his most holy, wise, and powerful preserving and governing all his creatures, and all their actions.
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Reading: Isaiah 53: 1, 6
Leader: Who has believed what he has heard from us? And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
All: All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way;
and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Silent Confession of Sin
Prayer of Confession
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Isaiah 53: 4 and 5
Leader: Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
All: But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #30 (verses 1-4) Our God, Our Help In Ages Past
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available and Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Why Have You Made Me Like This? Romans 9: 19 – 21
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 10-9-22 outline
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #688 Have Thine Own Way
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymnal #460 (verses 1, 6) Amazing Grace