Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as Adult Classes are in the basement. 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- 6:00 Tonight—Reformation Celebration Service with our sister churches, New Covenant and Black Hills Community Church. Please bring a dessert to share.
- 5:30 Wednesday—Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k through 7th. Meal provided.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday— “Faith of Our Fathers” small group.
- 6:15 pm Wednesday—High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided, study titled The Person of Jesus. For more information call Shonda
- 6 am Thursday—Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
- 6:45 pm, November 4th—Women’s Bible Study study on Ephesians. Meets every 1st and 3rd Thursday.
- 8 am Saturday—Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
Mark Your Calendar:
- 5:30 pm, November 7th ”James: Christian Maturity” Community Group (address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, November 7th Young Adult Bible Study (address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, November 14—Loftus Community Group (address in bulletin). Dessert provided.
- Mending the Soul Support Group New support group for women who were sexually abused as minors. Applications in the foyer. Reach out to Kristen L. for more information.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 117, NIV
Leader: Praise the Lord, all you nations, extol him, all you peoples.
All: For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord.
Leader: Let us worship our Lord.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #103 Holy God, We Praise Your Name
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: Heidelberg Catechism
Questions 6,7,15,16, 17
Q6. Did God create people so wicked and perverse?
No. God created them good and in his own image, that is, in true righteousness and holiness, so that they might truly know God their creator, love him with all their heart, and live with God in eternal happiness, to praise and glorify him.
Q7. Then where does this corrupt human nature come from?
The fall and disobedience of our first parents, Adam and Eve, in Paradise. This fall has so poisoned our nature that we are all conceived and born in a sinful condition.
Q15. What kind of mediator and deliverer should we look for then?
One who is a true and righteous human, yet more powerful than all creatures, that is, one who is also true God.
Q16. Why must the mediator be a true and righteous human?
God’s justice demands that human nature, which has sinned, must pay for sin; but a sinful human could never pay for others.
Q17. Why must the mediator also be true God?
So that the mediator, by the power of his divinity, might bear the weight of God’s wrath in his humanity and earn for us and restore to us righteousness and life.
We Confess Our Sin
Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon
Hymn of Assurance: Notebook #16 “Grace Alone”
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: All Creatures of Our God and King
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Sermon: Differences Between Adam and Christ Romans 5:12–1
Rev. Denzel Nonhof
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #467 “Wonderful Grace of Jesus”
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
God Be With You Till We Meet Again