We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Hymnal #302 Come Christians Join To Sing
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as Adult Classes are in the basement. 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- 5:30pm ”James: Christian Maturity” Community Group – at the church. Meal provided. Meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday.
- 6:00 pm Loftus Community Group: Loftus Home (Address in Bulletin) Dessert provided. Meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday
- 6:00 pm Young Adult Bible Study: at the church. Dessert provided. Meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday
- 5:30 Wednesday—Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k through 7th. Meal provided.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday— “Faith of Our Fathers” small group.
- 6:15 pm Wednesday—High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided, study titled The Person of Jesus. For more information call Shonda
- 6 am Thursday—Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
- 8 am Saturday—Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
- We are collecting Scooper Pantry Items through October. See list in the Foyer of needed items.
Mark Your Calendar:
- October 31 at 6:00 pm–Reformation Celebration service with our sister churches, New Covenant and Black Hills Community Church. Please bring a dessert to share.
- Thursday, November 4th, 6:45 pm—Women’s Bible Study, the study of Ephesians. Meets every 1st and 3rd Thursday.
- Mending the Soul Support Group New support group for women who were sexually abused as minors. Applications in the foyer. Reach out to Kristen L. for more information.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: Isaiah 52: 7 – 10
Leader: How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, “Your God reigns.”
All: The voice of your watchmen—they lift up their voice; together they sing for joy; for eye to eye they see the return of the Lord to Zion.
Leader: Break forth together into singing, you waste places of Jerusalem, for the Lord has comforted his people; He has redeemed Jerusalem.
All: The Lord has bared his holy arm before the eyes of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Bulletin Insert – Our God Reigns
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: Heidelberg Catechism 1 and 2
Leader: What is your only comfort in life and in death?
All: That I am not my own, but belong—body and soul, in life and in death—to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ. He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood, and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil. He also watches over me in such a way that not a hair can fall from my head without the will of my Father in heaven; in fact, all things must work together for my salvation. Because I belong to him, Christ, by his Holy Spirit, assures me of eternal life and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for him.
Leader: What must you know to live and die in the joy of this comfort?
All: Three things: first, how great my sin and misery are; second, how I am set free from all my sins and misery; third, how I am to thank God for such deliverance.
Leader: But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s own people, in order that you may proclaim the mighty acts of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.
All: Once we were not a people, but now we are God’s people; once we had not received mercy, but now we have received mercy.
We Confess Our Sin
Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon: Colossians 1: 21 – 23
Leader: And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, Christ has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #308 Jesus Paid It All
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Amazing Grace/ John Newton
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Sermon: Much More Assurance, Much More Rejoicing Romans 5: 9 – 11
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #305 Arise My Soul Arise
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
God Be With You Till We Meet Again