We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Reformation Song
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as Adult Classes are in the basement. 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- We will not celebrate the Lord’s Supper today.
- 6:00 pm Sunday, October 17th, Hymn Sing and Fellowship. Please bring a dessert to share.
- Debbie, who runs the prayer chain, will be traveling until the 19th. Please direct all prayer requests to the church office.
- 6:00 pm, Tuesday—Deacon Meeting.
- 5:30 Wednesday—Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k through 7th. Meal provided.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday— “Faith of Our Fathers” small group begins.
- 6:15 pm Wednesday—High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided, study titled The Person of Jesus. For more information call Shonda
- 6 am Thursday—Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
- 6:45 pm, Thursday, October 21st—Women’s Bible Study the study of Ephesians. Meets every 1st and 3rd Thursday.
- 8 am Saturday—Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
Every 2nd and 4th Sunday:
- 5:30pm ”James: Christian Maturity” Community Group – Ackerman home. Meal provided.
- 6:00pm Loftus Community Group: Loftus Home. Dessert provided
- 5:30 Young Adult Bible Study: Heeren Home. Meal provided.
Mark Your Calendar:
- October 31 at 6:00 pm–Reformation Celebration service with our sister churches, New Covenant and Black Hills Community Church. Please bring a dessert to share.
- Mending the Soul Support Group New support group for women who were sexually abused as minors. Applications in the foyer. Reach out to Kristen L. for more information.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
- The Freezer Meal Fellowship has been postponed.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 145: 1 – 9
Leader: I will extol you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever.
All: Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts.
Leader: On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate. They shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds, and I will declare your greatness.
All: The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: All Creatures of Our God and King
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: Westminster Shorter Catechism Questions 17, 19, 20, 21, 1 John 4: 10; 1: 8 – 9
Leader: Into what estate did the fall bring mankind?
All: The fall brought mankind into an estate of sin and misery.
Leader: What is the misery of that estate whereinto man fell?
All: All mankind, by their fall, lost communion with God, are under his wrath and curse, and so made liable to all miseries in this life, to death itself, and to the pains of hell forever.
Leader: Did God leave all mankind to perish in the estate of sin and misery?
All: God, having, out of his mere good pleasure, from all eternity, elected some to everlasting life, did enter into a covenant of grace, to deliver them out of the estate of sin and misery, and to bring them into an estate of salvation by a Redeemer.
Leader: Who is the Redeemer of God’s elect?
All: The only Redeemer of God’s elect is the Lord Jesus Christ, who, being the eternal Son of God, became man, and so was, and continues to be God and man, in two distinct natures, and one person, forever.
Leader: In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the atoning sacrifice for our sins.
All: If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
We Confess Our Sin
Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon: Isaiah 25:9
Leader: “Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation.”
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #254 Alas and Did My Savior Bleed
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Ministry Moment: Fellowship Team
Tithes and Offerings
Soon and Very Soon/ Andrae’ Crouch(1942-2015) father of Modern Gospel.
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Sermon: Objective Assurance Romans 5: 3 – 9
Hymn of Response: The Love of God
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymnal #134 God Will Take Care of You (v. 1 & 3)