We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Ancient of Days
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as Adult Classes are in the basement. 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- 5:30 pm “James: Christian Maturity” Community Group – Meeting at the church. Meal provided. Meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday
- 6:00 pm Loftus Community Group: Loftus Home (Address in Bulletin) Dessert provided. Meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday
- 5:30 Young Adult Bible Study: Heeren Home (Address in Bulletin). Meal provided. Meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday
- Debbie, who runs the prayer chain, will be traveling. Please direct all prayer requests to the church office.
- 6:00 pm Monday—Session Meeting
- 6:30 pm Tuesday—Mercy Ministry Team Meeting
- 5:30 Wednesday—Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k through 7th. Meal provided.
- Wednesday, October 13th, “Faith of Our Fathers” small group begins at 6:00 pm.
- 6:15 pm Wednesday – High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided, study titled The Person of Jesus. For more information call Shonda
- 6 am Thursday- Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
- Thursday, October 14th, Bella Pregnancy Center’s 20th annual Gala for Life banquet—Spearfish’s Holiday Inn. If interested in attending, see Todd for tickets.
- 8 am Saturday –Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
Mark Your Calendar:
- 6:00 pm Sunday, October 17th, Hymn Sing and Fellowship. Please bring a dessert to share.
- Sunday, the 17th We will celebrate the Lord’s Supper
- Thursday, October 21st, 6:45 pm—Women’s Bible Study the study of Ephesians. Meets every 1st and 3rd Thursday.
- October 22 at 6:30 pm.—Freezer Meal Fellowship. We will have a time of fellowship while we prepare a variety of meals to stock the church freezer. Please RSVP to Kayla.
- October 31 at 6:00 pm–Reformation Celebration service with our sister churches, New Covenant and Black Hills Community Church. Please bring a dessert to share.
- Mending the Soul Support Group New support group for women who were sexually abused as minors. Applications in the foyer. Reach out to Kristen L. for more information.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: 1 Peter 1: 3 – 5
Leader: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!
All: According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
Leader: To an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #347 (v. 1,2,5,6) The Church’s One Foundation
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: Heidelberg Catechism Question 21; Galatians 2: 16, 20
Leader: What is true faith?
All: True faith is not only a sure knowledge by which I hold as true all that God has revealed to us in Scripture; it is also a wholehearted trust, which the Holy Spirit creates in me by the gospel, that God has freely granted, not only to others but to me also, forgiveness of sins, eternal righteousness, and salvation. These are gifts of sheer grace, granted solely by Christ’s merit.
Leader: Know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.
All: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
We Confess Our Sin
Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #95 Though Troubles Assail Us
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Ministry Moment: Mercy Ministry Team
Tithes and Offerings
Peace Medley: Down By the Riverside / Peace Like a River
Through all of the spirituals, there breathes a hope, a faith in the ultimate justice and brotherhood of man. The cadences of sorrow invariably turn to joy. The message is ever manifest that eventually deliverance from all that hinders and oppresses the soul will come, and man—-every man—- will be free. This medley takes us through six different genres of music.
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Sermon: One Thing Leads To Another Romans 5: 1 – 5
Hymn of Response: Bulletin Insert – Because He Lives (v. 1,3)
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
God Be With You