We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Hymnal #363 We Gather Together
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as Adult Classes are in the basement. 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- 5:30 Tonight—”James: Christian Maturity” Community Group (address in Bulletin). Meal provided.
- 5:30 Tonight— Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin). Meal provided.
- 5:30 Wednesday—Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k through 7th. Meal provided.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday— “Faith of Our Fathers” small group.
- 6:15 pm Wednesday—High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided, study titled The Person of Jesus.
- 6 am Thursday—Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
- 8 am Saturday—Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
Mark Your Calendar:
- 5:30 pm, November 14th ”James: Christian Maturity” Community Group (address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, November 14—Loftus Community Group (address in bulletin). Dessert provided.
- 6:45 pm, November 18th Women’s Bible Study, study on Ephesians.
- Following worship, November 21—Thanksgiving Meal and Fellowship.
- Mending the Soul Support Group New support group for women who were sexually abused as minors. Applications in the foyer. Reach out to Kristen L. for more information.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: Adapted from Isaiah 45: 5 – 8 and Psalm 113: 2 – 4
Leader: I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I am the Lord, and there is no other.
All: Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time on and forever.
Leader: The Lord forms the light and creates darkness, the Lord brings prosperity and creates disaster; the Lord, does all these things.
All: From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the Lord is to be praised.
Leader: “You heavens above, rain down my righteousness; let the clouds shower it down. Let the earth open wide, let salvation spring up, let righteousness flourish with it; I, the Lord, have created it.”
All: The Lord is high above all nations; His glory is above the heavens.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #111 This Is My Father’s World
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: Matthew 22: 37 – 40; Heidelberg Catechism Q5 – 8
Leader: “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.” This is the greatest and first commandment.
All: And a second is like it: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
Leader: Can you live up to all this perfectly?
All: No. I have a natural tendency to hate God and my neighbor.
Leader: Did God create people so wicked and perverse?
All: No. God created them good and in his own image, that is, in true righteousness and holiness, so that they might truly know God their creator, love him with all their heart, and live with God in eternal happiness, to praise and glorify him.
Leader: Then where does this corrupt human nature come from?
All: The fall and disobedience of our first parents, Adam and Eve, in Paradise. This fall has so poisoned our nature that we are all conceived and born in a sinful condition.
Leader: But are we so corrupt that we are totally unable to do any good and inclined toward all evil?
All: Yes, unless we are born again by the Spirit of God.
We Confess Our Sin
Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon: Galatians 4: 4 – 7
Leader: But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.
Hymn of Assurance: Notebook #17 Always Forgiven
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Sermon: Original Sin/Ultimate Righteousness
Romans 5: 12 – 19
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #455 And Can It Be
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymnal #644 (verses 1,3) May the Mind of Christ My Savior