We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Arpeggione Sonata D. 821 in A minor/ Frank Schubert—Guest Violist— Asher Burke
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #31 Shout To The Lord
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is studying Christ in the Covenants in the Sanctuary.
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- 6:30 pm, Tuesday, Mercy Ministry Team Meeting.
- 5:00 pm, Wednesday, Sonlight Puppeteer practice.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for pre-k—7th grade. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, J-Curve Study for the adults at the church. Meal provided. See Ron B. for more information.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesdays, New Members’ class for the middle and high schoolers.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center. See Shonda J. for more information.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 7:15 pm, Thursday, Prayer Meeting at Daniel and Sarah’s (address in the bulletin). For more information contact Daniel.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 5:30 pm, November 13th, Small Groups meet at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into three groups for prayer and study. Two groups study Ferguson’s “Let’s Study Ephesians” and one group discusses the daily application to that week’s sermon. Meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month.
- 5:30 pm, November 13th, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 5:00 pm, November 14th, Session Meeting.
- November 20th we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- 5:00 pm, November 20th, Thanksgiving Meal and Thanksgiving Service.
- Pastor Jeff will be starting a new members’ class soon. If you are interested in attending to learn more about Foothills and what we believe, please let the church office know.
- We will be placing another FCC T-shirt order in the near future. Available sizes are kids small, medium, and large; and small through 2XL in men and women. Shirts cost $15. If you are interested in ordering, please contact Lydia H.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media(rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 66: 1 – 5; Psalm 47: 6
Leader: Shout for joy to God, all the earth; sing the glory of his name; give to him glorious praise! Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds!”
All: All the earth worships you and sings praises to you; they sing praises to your name.
Leader: Come and see what God has done: He is awesome in his deeds toward the children of man.
All: Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises!
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #2 (verses 1, 2, 5, 6) O Worship the King
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: Heidelberg Catechism 26
Leader: What do you believe when you say: “I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth”?
All: That the eternal Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who out of nothing created heaven and earth and everything in them, who still upholds and rules them by his eternal counsel and providence, is my God and Father because of Christ the Son. I trust God so much that I do not doubt he will provide whatever I need for body and soul, and will turn to my good whatever adversity he sends upon me in this sad world. God is able to do this because he is almighty God and desires to do this because he is a faithful Father.
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Reading: Psalm 130: 1 – 4
Leader: Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord! O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
All: If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared.
Silent Confession of Sin
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Psalm 130: 5 – 6
Leader: I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning.
All: Hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption. And he will redeem His people from all his iniquities.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #461 Not What My Hands Have Done
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Ashokan Farewell/ Jay Unger, Guest Violist— Asher Burke
From the soundtrack of Ken Burns, The Civil War, (written in the style of a Scottish lament.)
“The Civil War” series was 11 hours long, and nearly an hour— 59 minutes and 33 seconds— features some version of “Ashokan Farewell”.
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Outside In and Inside Out Romans 9: 30 – 33
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 11-6-22 Sermon Notes
Hymn of Response: Songs of Faith #28 My Savior My God
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Songs of Faith #16 Grace Alone
Postlude: Battle Hymn of the Republic/ Julia Ward Howe