We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Simple Gifts—Traditional Shaker Melody
Gathering Hymn: Hymnal #715 Come Ye Thankful People Come
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is studying Christ in the Covenants in the Sanctuary.
- 9 am, New Members’ Class.
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- Today we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- 5:00 pm, Tonight, Thanksgiving Meal and Thanksgiving Service.
- There will be no Wednesday activities this week.
- There will be no Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study this week.
- 7:15 pm, Thursday, Prayer Meeting at Daniel and Sarah’s (address in the bulletin). For more information contact Daniel.
- 6:30 pm, December 6th, Mercy Ministry Team meeting.
- 5:30 pm, December 11th, Small Groups meet at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into three groups for prayer and study.
- 5:30 pm, December 11th, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- We will be participating in the elementary school’s annual Coat Drive. If you would like to contribute, please bring new or gently used coats, gloves, and hats to the church by the 18th of December.
- We will be placing another FCC T-shirt order in the near future. Available sizes are kids small, medium, and large; and small through 2XL in men and women. Shirts cost $15. If you are interested in ordering, please contact Lydia H.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 34: 1 – 3, 8, 9
Leader: I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips.
All: I will glory in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Leader: Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt His Name together.
All: Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him.
Leader: Fear the Lord, you His Holy people, for those who fear Him lack nothing.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #125 Let All Things Now Living
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: Hymnal page #846 The Nicene Creed
We Confess Our Sin
Leader: Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy. (Proverbs 28:13)
All: Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin. (Psalm 32: 5)
Silent Confession of Sin
Corporate Prayer of Confession
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Hebrews 7: 25 – 27
Leader: Jesus is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.
All: For it was indeed fitting that we should have such a high priest, holy, innocent, unstained, separated from sinners, and exalted above the heavens. He has no need, like those high priests, to offer sacrifices daily, first for his own sins and then for those of the people, since he did this once for all when he offered up himself.
Hymn of Assurance: Songs of Faith #13 Arise My Soul Arise
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Leader: It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to your name, O Most High (Psalm 92: 1)
All: We your people, the sheep of your pasture, will give thanks to you forever; from generation to generation we will recount your praise. (Psalm 79: 13)
Leader: Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous, and give thanks to his holy name! (Psalm 97: 12)
All: Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! (Psalm 95: 2)
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: To The Rising Sun ( Opus 4, No. 1) —Trygve Torjussen(1885-1977)
Psalm 113: 2-3 “Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and for evermore. From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the Lord’s name is to be praised,” (KJV)
This is the Norwegian composer’s best-known character piece.
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Zeal With Knowledge Romans 10: 2 – 4
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 11-20-22 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #521 My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less
The Lord’s Supper
A Word About Communion: Foothills Community Church welcomes all baptized Christians who are willing to forsake their sin and who are trusting in Jesus Christ for salvation to receive Communion with us. If you are not able to take Communion, we invite you to use this time to pray before God.
The Bread (is gluten-free)
The Cup (outer ring contains wine; inner rings contains grape juice)
Hymn of Response: Songs of Faith #14 Yet Not I But Through Christ In Me
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
I Will Sing Of The Mercies of the Lord
Postlude: Let All Things Now Living—Traditional Welsh Melody