We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Hymnal #363 We Gather Together
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is studying Christ in the Covenants in the Sanctuary.
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Small Groups meet at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into three groups for prayer and study. Two groups study Ferguson’s “Let’s Study Ephesians” and one group discusses the daily application to that week’s sermon. Meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 5:00 pm, Monday, Session Meeting.
- 5:00 pm, Wednesday, Sonlight Puppeteer practice.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for pre-k—7th grade. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, J-Curve Study for the adults at the church. Meal provided. See Ron B. for more information.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesdays, New Members’ class for the middle and high schoolers.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center. See Shonda J. for more information.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 7:15 pm, Thursday, Prayer Meeting at Daniel and Sarah’s (address in the bulletin). For more information contact Daniel.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- November 20th we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- 5:00 pm, November 20th, Thanksgiving Meal and Thanksgiving Service. Check your email for the link to sign up to help contribute to the meal. Also, please RSVP to Tracy K. if you’re able to attend.
- Pastor Jeff will be starting a new members’ class soon. If you are interested in attending to learn more about Foothills and what we believe, please let the church office know.
- We will be participating in the elementary school’s annual Coat Drive. If you would like to contribute, please bring new or gently used coats, gloves, and hats to the church by the 18th of December.
- We will be placing another FCC T-shirt order in the near future. Available sizes are kids small, medium, and large; and small through 2XL in men and women. Shirts cost $15. If you are interested in ordering, please contact Lydia H.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media(rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 24
All: The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein, for he has founded it upon the seas and established it upon the rivers.
Leader: Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place?
All: He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false and does not swear deceitfully.
Leader: He will receive blessing from the Lord and righteousness from the God of his salvation. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek the face of the God of Jacob.
All: Lift up your heads, O gates! And be lifted up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.
Leader: Who is this King of glory?
All: The Lord, strong and mighty, the Lord, mighty in battle! The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory!
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #111 This Is My Father’s World
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: Heidelberg Catechism Questions 116 and 117; Jeremiah 29: 12 – 14
Leader: Why do Christians need to pray?
All: Because prayer is the most important part of the thankfulness God requires of us. And also because God gives his grace and Holy Spirit only to those who pray continually and groan inwardly, asking God for these gifts and thanking God for them.
Leader: What is the kind of prayer that pleases God and that he listens to?
All: First, we must pray from the heart to no other than the one true God, revealed to us in his Word, asking for everything God has commanded us to ask for. Second, we must fully recognize our need and misery, so that we humble ourselves in God’s majestic presence. Third, we must rest on this unshakable foundation: even though we do not deserve it, God will surely listen to our prayer because of Christ our Lord. That is what God promised us in his Word.
Leader: Call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord
We Confess Our Sin
Silent Confession of Sin
Corporate Prayer of Confession
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: From the Book of Common Prayer
Leader: The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ has no pleasure in the death of sinners, but would rather they should turn from their wickedness and live. He has given authority to his ministers to declare to his people when they repent the forgiveness of their sins. God pardons and absolves all who truly repent and believe his holy gospel.
All: So we ask him to grant us true repentance and his Holy Spirit, that what we do now may please him and that the rest of our life may be pure and holy, so that at the last we may come to his eternal joy; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #699 Like A River Glorious
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Prayer and the Gospel Romans 10: 1
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 11-13-22 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Facing A Task Unfinished
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Songs of Faith #16 Grace Alone