We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: At Calvary
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is in the Sanctuary
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- Following worship, Love & Respect. Childcare provided.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 6:30 pm, Friday, Women’s Fellowship.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 7-9 pm, Saturday, Baby Shower for Hannah in the Fellowship Hall. Please RSVP to Kristen L.
- Pastor Jeff and Carey are out of town but will be back on May 14th to worship with us. If you have a pastoral need during this time, please contact an elder.
- 5:30 pm, May 14th, Ephesians Group meets at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into groups for prayer and study.
- 6:00 pm, May 16th, Session Meeting.
- May 21st, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- Monday Mornings, from 10-11:30 beginning May 29th, or Tuesday evenings, from 6:30-8 pm beginning May 30th, Women’s Bible study on the Lord’s Prayer.
- May 28th, there will be no Sunday School.
- Days 122-152 of the Family Devotionals are available.
- 9am-12, June 5-8, Vacation Bible School. There are limited spots this year so please make sure to pre-register. Volunteers and Participants may register online by scanning the QR Code in the bulletin.
- Love INC’s annual Clothe-A-Kid Provides each child aged 5 thru entering 8th grade with $100 to go back to school shopping on August 19th! The commitment is Four hours involved in a Community/Church based project per family. Registration will be held at First Presbyterian on Wednesday, May 17th from 3-6 pm.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 19:1-4
Leader: The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
All: Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.
Leader: There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.
All: Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #55 To God Be the Glory
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: The Nicene Creed
Hymn of Response: Songs of Faith #17 There Is One Gospel
We Confess Our Sin
Corporate Confession of Sin: Psalm 51:1-4
All: Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you are proved right when you speak and justified when you judge.
Prayer of Confession
Silent Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon: Psalm 103: 11, 12
Leader: For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
Hymn of Assurance: How Deep the Father’s Love for Us
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
(Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.)
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Understanding the Fear of God Proverbs 1:1-7
Hymn of Response: Songs of Faith #24 Only A Holy God
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymn: Step By Step