We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Eternal Father, Strong to Save/W. Whiting (Navy Hymn)
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #14 Yet Not I, But Through Christ in Me
- 10:30 Worship
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 7: 15 pm, Thursday, Prayer Meeting at Daniel and Sarah’s. Address in bulletin.
- 6 pm, Friday, Ron and Rhonda’s 50th Anniversary Party at the church. Everyone is invited. Meal is provided.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- Our Summer Sunday School schedule will start next Sunday. See the newsletter for more information.
- 9 am—noon, June 7th-10th, Vacation Bible School. Supplies and volunteers are needed. Check your email and texts for the links to sign up.
- Pastor Jeff and Carey will be out of town from May 24th-June 4th. If you have a pastoral need, please call one of the elders.
- 5:30 pm, June 12th, Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin) Meal provided.
- New Members Class will be starting soon. If you are interested in learning more about Foothills, please see Pastor Jeff for more information.
- June Devotionals are available on the bookshelf in the back of the sanctuary.
- Bella Pregnancy Resource Center will be holding a Client Advocate Training Seminar on Monday and Wednesday mornings beginning June 6 and ending July 6. The classes will take place at Bella from 8:30 am-12:30 pm each morning. The training seminar equips those with a heart for women, men, and families in unplanned pregnancies to serve at Bella in the following positions: Male and Female Client Advocates, Group Leaders, Helpline, Nursing (active license required), Board of Directors, Public Relations, and Development. Cost for materials is $40 per person, $60 per couple. Scholarships are available. To register contact 605-642-4140 or firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st.
- Black Hills Christian Academy in Spearfish, SD is seeking a School Administrator and a School Principal. These positions require a heart for God, a desire to work in the ministry of Christian education, at minimum a Bachelor’s degree, and a team-player disposition. If you are interested in more details you can find both positions listed on the ACSI website or email email@example.com
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: 1 Chronicles 6: 8 – 10
Leader: Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!
All: Sing to him, sing praises to him; tell of all his wondrous works!
Leader: Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice!
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #705 I Know Whom I Have Believed
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Reading: Isaiah 55: 6 – 9
Leader: Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near;
All: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Leader: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Prayer of Confession
Silent Confession of Sin
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Ephesians 2: 1 – 7
Leader: And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—
All: Among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
Leader: But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—
All: By grace we have been saved— and have been raised up with him and seated with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #465 Marvelous Grace of Our Loving Lord
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Ashokan Farewell/ Jay Ungar—from the soundtrack of Ken Burns, The Civil War, written in the style of a Scottish lament, 1984.
The Civil War series was 11 hours long and nearly an hour— 59 minutes and 33 seconds—features some version of “Ashokan Farewell”.
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
The Purpose of the Providence of God Romans 8: 28 – 29
A copy of the sermon notes is available: May 29 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #676 Day By Day
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Step By Step
Postlude: Battle Hymn of the Republic/ Julia Ward Howe