We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Dona Nobis Pacem/ Traditional
Gathering Hymn: 10,000 Reasons
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as the Mama and Papa Bear Apologetics Class are in the basement. The Tabletalk Class is in the sanctuary and 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- Today we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin) Meal provided.
- 6 pm, May 23rd, Session Meeting
- 6 am Thursday, and 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
- May 29th, there will be no Sunday School.
- 9 am—noon, June 7th-10th, Vacation Bible School. Supplies and volunteers are needed. Check your email for the links.
- Pastor Jeff and Carey will be out of town from May 24th-June 4th. If you have a pastoral need, please call one of the elders.
- New Members Class will be starting soon. If you are interested in learning more about Foothills, please see Pastor Jeff for more information.
- The Children’s Church ministry is looking for helpers. This program uses a PCA curriculum that teaches children to understand how and why we worship God. If you are interested in joining a team to help continue this ministry, contact Kristen L.
- May is Foster Care Awareness month! Did you know that Foothills is actively obeying God’s call to love and serve Him through supporting local foster families? Please join the Mercy Ministry team in a month of emphasis on foster care through prayer, education, and response. More info is in the newsletter and at the display in the foyer.
- The Cleaning Team for Bella Pregnancy is looking for a couple more people to help. With four people, cleaning only takes 2 hours each month. See Becky I., Marcie P., or Amy H. if interested.
- Bella Pregnancy Resource Center will be holding a Client Advocate Training Seminar on Monday and Wednesday mornings beginning June 6 and ending July 6. The classes will take place at Bella from 8:30 am-12:30 pm each morning. The training seminar equips those with a heart for women, men, and families in unplanned pregnancies to serve at Bella in the following positions: Male and Female Client Advocates, Group Leaders, Helpline, Nursing (active license required), Board of Directors, Public Relations, and Development. Cost for materials is $40 per person, $60 per couple. Scholarships are available. To register contact 605-642-4140 or email@example.com by May 31st.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 71: 1 – 3, 23 – 24
Leader: In you, O Lord, do I take refuge; let me never be put to shame!
All: In your righteousness deliver me and rescue me; incline your ear to me, and save me!
Leader: Be to me a rock of refuge, to which I may continually come; you have given the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.
All: My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you; my soul also, which you have redeemed. And my tongue will talk of your righteous help all the day long
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #302 Come, Christians, Join to Sing
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: The Apostles’ Creed
We Confess Our Sin
Prayer of Confession
Silent Confession of Sin
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Heidelberg Catechism Question 1
Leader: What is your only comfort in life and in death?
All: That I am not my own, but belong—body and soul, in life and in death—to my faithful Savior, Jesus Christ. He has fully paid for all my sins with his precious blood, and has set me free from the tyranny of the devil. He also watches over me in such a way that not a hair can fall from my head without the will of my Father in heaven; in fact, all things must work together for my salvation. Because I belong to him, Christ, by his Holy Spirit, assures me of eternal life and makes me wholeheartedly willing and ready from now on to live for him.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #468 My Faith Has Found A Resting Place
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: How Lovely Is Thy Dwelling Place (from Requiem)/ Johannes Brahms(1833-1897)
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
The Simplicity of Knowing the Will of God Romans 8: 26 – 27
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 5-22-22 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Songs of Faith #29 Speak O Lord
The Lord’s Supper
A Word About Communion: Foothills Community Church welcomes all baptized Christians who are willing to forsake their sin and who are trusting in Jesus Christ for salvation to receive Communion with us. If you are not able to take Communion, we invite you to use this time to pray before God.
The Bread (is gluten-free)
The Cup (outer ring contains wine; inner rings contains grape juice)
Hymn of Response: How Deep The Father’s Love for Us
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
His Strength Is Perfect (Chorus Only)
Postlude: His Name is Wonderful/Audrey Mieir