We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Come, Holy Spirit, Heavenly Dove/ St. Agnes
Gathering Hymn: 10,000 Reasons
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as the Mama and Papa Bear Apologetics Class are in the basement. The Tabletalk Class is in the sanctuary and 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- 6 am Thursday, and 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
- May 22nd, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper
- 5:30 pm, May 22nd, Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin) Meal provided.
- 6 pm, May 23rd, Session Meeting
- May 29th, there will be no Sunday School.
- 9 am—noon, June 7th-10th, Vacation Bible School. Helpers and teachers are needed! See Amy K. for more info.
- The Children’s Church ministry is looking for helpers. This program uses a PCA curriculum that teaches children to understand how and why we worship God. If you are interested in joining a team to help continue this ministry, contact Kristen L.
- May is Foster Care Awareness month! Did you know that Foothills is actively obeying God’s call to love and serve Him through supporting local foster families? Please join the Mercy Ministry team in a month of emphasis on foster care through prayer, education, and response. More info is in the newsletter and at the display in the foyer.
- The Cleaning Team for Bella Pregnancy is looking for a couple more people to help. With four people, cleaning only takes 2 hours each month. See Becky I., Marcie P., or Amy H. if interested.
- Bella Pregnancy Resource Center will be holding a Client Advocate Training Seminar on Monday and Wednesday mornings beginning June 6 and ending July 6. The classes will take place at Bella from 8:30 am-12:30 pm each morning. The training seminar equips those with a heart for women, men, and families in unplanned pregnancies to serve at Bella in the following positions: Male and Female Client Advocates, Group Leaders, Helpline, Nursing (active license required), Board of Directors, Public Relations, and Development. Cost for materials is $40 per person, $60 per couple. Scholarships are available. To register contact 605-642-4140 or firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Ministry Moment— Foster Care Awareness- Becky I.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 103: 1 – 6, 15 – 19, 22
Leader: Bless the Lord, O my soul
All: And all that is within me, bless his holy name!
Leader: Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
All: Who forgives all our iniquity, who heals all our diseases, who redeems our life from the pit, who crowns us with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies us with good so that our youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
Leader: The Lord works righteousness and justice for all who are oppressed.
All: As for man, his days are like grass; he flourishes like a flower of the field; for the wind passes over it, and it is gone, and its place knows it no more.
Leader: But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children’s children, to those who keep his covenant and remember to do his commandments.
All: The Lord has established his throne in the heavens, and his kingdom rules over all.
Leader: Bless the Lord, all his works, in all places of his dominion. Bless the Lord, O my soul!
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Songs of Faith #32 Holy Spirit
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: Heidelberg Catechism 53; John 14: 16 – 17; 2 Timothy 1: 6 – 7
Leader: What do you believe concerning “the Holy Spirit”?
All: First, that the Spirit, with the Father and the Son, is eternal God. Second, that the Spirit is given also to me, so that, through true faith, he makes me share in Christ and all his benefits, comforts me, and will remain with me forever.
Leader: And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever.
All: This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. We know him, because he abides with us, and he will be in us.
Leader: For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God
All: For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
We Confess Our Sin
Prayer of Confession
Silent Confession of Sin
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Psalm 103: 8 – 14
Leader: The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever.
All: He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities.
Leader: For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him
All: As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
Leader: As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him.
All: For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust.
Hymn of Assurance: Songs of Faith #6 Let Us Love and Sing and Wonder
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: How I Love You, Lord Creator/ John Ylvissaker Psalm 116
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Perplexed in Prayer Romans 8: 26 – 27
A copy of the sermon notes is available:5-15-22-sermon-notes
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #334 Breathe on Me, Breath of God
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
His Strength Is Perfect (Chorus Only)
Postlude: There is Power In The Blood/ Lewis Jones