We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Let All Things Now Living/ Traditional Welsh Melody
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #10 Here I Am To Worship
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is in the Sanctuary
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Ephesians Group meets at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into groups for prayer and study.
- 6:00 pm, Tuesday, Session Meeting.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study. Plan to meet at TJ’s porch (address in bulletin)
- May 21st, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- Following worship, May 21st, Love & Respect. Childcare provided.
- May 28th, there will be no Sunday School.
- Monday Mornings, from 10-11:30 beginning May 29th, or Tuesday evenings, from 6:30-8 pm beginning May 30th, Women’s Bible study on the Lord’s Prayer (will not meet June 5th or 6th)
- 8 am-4 pm, June 3rd at the Community Center, Foster Parent training. Please see Becky I. for more information.
- 9am-12, June 5-8, Vacation Bible School. There are limited spots this year so please make sure to pre-register. Volunteers and Participants may register online by scanning the QR Code in the bulletin.
- 5:30 pm, June 11th, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 2:00 pm, June 24th, Women’s Fellowship
- The Deacons are looking for volunteers to help with summer lawn maintenance around the church. It would only be a two-week commitment and depending on summer rainfall, you may have to only mow/trim once in the two-week period. We have two riding lawnmowers, so family teams are encouraged. If you are interested in volunteering, check your email for the link to sign up.
- Love INC’s annual Clothe-A-Kid Provides each child aged 5 thru entering 8th grade with $100 to go back to school shopping on August 19th! The commitment is Four hours involved in a Community/Church based project per family. Registration will be held at First Presbyterian on Wednesday, May 17th from 3-6 pm.
Responsive Call to Worship: Revelation 4: 8, 11; 5: 12
Leader: “Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!”
All: “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.”
Leader: “Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing!”
All: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor and glory and might forever and ever!”
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Songs of Faith #15 In Christ Alone
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Reading: Adapted from Hebrews 4:12-13
Leader: The word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
All: Let us come before our holy God with all honesty, knowing He sees each of our sins, and seek forgiveness in the name of Christ, our Lord.
Silent Confession of Sin
Prayer of Confession
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Romans 8:34
Leader: Hear the good news of the Gospel from Romans 8: 34! Who is in a position to condemn? Only Christ, and Christ died for us, Christ rose for us, Christ reigns in power for us, Christ prays for us. Friends, believe the good news of the gospel.
All: In Jesus Christ we are forgiven!
Hymn of Assurance: Songs of Faith #12 Before The Throne of God Above
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Celebrating Commencement: Tyler T., Quintin L., Ian L.
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child/ Negro Spiritual—
The song dates back to the era of slavery when it was common practice to sell children of slaves away from their parents. The song is an expression of pain and despair
We Hear God Speak
(Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.)
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets Romans 12: 1
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 5-14-23 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Songs of Faith #14 Yet Not I, But Through Christ in Me
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymn: Step By Step
Postlude: I Love To Tell The Story/Wm. Fischer