We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #20 Christ Is Mine Forevermore
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as the Mama and Papa Bear Apologetics Class are in the basement. The Tabletalk Class is in the sanctuary and 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- Following worship, WRAP Team Lunch.
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Session Meeting.
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Mending the Soul Support Group.
- 5:30 Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k through 7th. Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, Wednesday, “Faith of Our Fathers” small group.
- 6:15 pm Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 5:30 pm Thursday, Life INC.
- 6:00 pm, Thursday, Deacon Meeting.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
Every 2nd and 4th Sunday:
- 5:30 pm, March 13th, “James: Christian Maturity” Community Group at the church. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, March 13th, Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin). Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, March 13th, Loftus Community Group (address in Bulletin). Dessert provided.
- On March 18 at 7:00 pm, we will be showing the movie “Sabina.” It is about Richard and Sabina Wurmbrand, who suffered under Nazi and communist oppression in Romania. They are the co-founders of Voice of the Martyrs. The movie is rated PG13 for thematic content, some disturbing images, and violence. You may go to sabinamovie.com for more info. Please contact Grace H. if you are willing to provide assistance in planning and setting up for this event.
- 6:00 pm, March 20th, Hymn Sing and Reception to welcome new members.
- FCC is looking for a team of two people to teach Summer Sunday School for the combined class of elementary and middle school-aged children. See Amy K. if interested.
- MOPS Group needs childcare every Friday morning for twelve weeks starting March 11 from 9-10:30 at the church. There will be around 5 children, aged 2-6. This would be a great blessing to the mothers with young children so that they can attend Bible study! See Amy K. if interested.
- March Devotionals are available on the bookshelf in the back of the sanctuary
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
- The Mercy Team would like to offer the congregation the opportunity to help the Sturgis Women’s Shelter during the months of March and April. They have an ongoing need for the following items. If you can help, please bring items to church to the collection basket in the foyer and we will make sure they are taken to the shelter. THANK YOU!
Hygiene products (soap, shampoo, deodorant, lotions
Responsive Call to Worship: 1 Chronicles 16:23-29
Leader: Sing to the Lord, all the earth; Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.
All: Tell of His glory among the nations, His wonderful deeds among all the peoples.
Leader: For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; He also is to be feared above all gods.
All: For all the gods of the peoples are idols
Leader: But the Lord made the heavens. Splendor and majesty are before Him, Strength and joy are in His place.
All: Ascribe to the Lord, O families of the peoples, Ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name;
Leader: Bring an offering, and come before Him; Worship the Lord in holy array.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #164 O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Reading: Adapted from WSC 53, 54; Heidelberg 99; Revelation 14: 7
Leader: Which is the third commandment?
All: The third commandment is, Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that takes his name in vain.
Leader: What is required in the third commandment?
All: The third commandment requires the holy and reverent use of God’s names, titles, attributes, ordinances, Word, and works. In summary, we should use the holy name of God only with reverence and awe, so that we may properly confess God, pray to God, and glorify God in all our words and works.
Leader: Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.
Confession of Sin & Assurance of Pardon: Ephesians 2: 1 – 10, Psalm 115: 1
Leader: And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience—
All: Among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
Leader: But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—
All: And He has raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
Leader: For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
All: For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Not to us, O Lord, not to us, But to Your name give glory. Because of Your lovingkindness, because of Your truth.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #253 (verses 1,2,3,5) There Is A Fountain Filled with Blood
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Thank You Jesus For The Blood
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Not In The Flesh, But In The Spirit Romans 8: 7 – 11
A copy of the sermon notes is available here: sermon notes 3- 6- 22
Hymn of Response: Songs of Faith #14 Yet Not I, But Through Christ In Me
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymnal #355 verse 1 We Are God’s People