We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Hymnal #115 (verses 1, 3, 4, 5) All Creatures of Our God and King God
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is studying Christ in the Covenants in the Sanctuary.
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- 6:00 pm, Tonight, Hymn Sing and Fellowship. Please bring a dessert to share.
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Session Meeting
- 6:30 pm, Tuesday, Mercy Ministry Team meeting.
- 4:30 pm, Wednesday, Worship Team Practice
- 5:00 pm, Wednesday, Sonlight Puppeteer practice.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for pre-k—7th grade. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, J-Curve Study for the adults at the church. Meal provided. See Ron B. for more information.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesdays, New Members’ class for the middle and high schoolers.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 2-4 pm, Saturday, Women’s Tea Fellowship, Devotion, and Fun.
- Following worship, March 12th, Love and Respect Group. Childcare provided.
- 5:30 pm, March 12th, Community Groups meet at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into groups for prayer and study.
- 5:30 pm, March 12th, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- Foothills will be starting a new members class on Sunday, March 12th at 9 am that will run for about 6 weeks. If you are interested in becoming a member or learning more about what Foothills believes, please let the office know.
- 6:00 pm, March 24th, Family Shepherd Evening. Plan to join for another great time of food (smoked elk or fish fry), fellowship, and study.
- Days 61-91 of the Family Devotionals are available to pick up from the basket in the Foyer.
- Mercy Bags are available in the Foyer and you are encouraged to take one or two to give to someone in need. A Mercy Bag is part of our FCC outreach ministry. It consists of a quart-sized bag filled with toiletry items, water, food, and a Gospel tract.
- We are taking a collection for the Women’s Shelter through the month of March. There is a container in the foyer area by the front doors. Your contribution will be greatly appreciated! They are in need of these items:
Shampoo & Conditioner
Liquid Body Wash
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 145: 1 – 13
Leader: I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever.
All: Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts.
Leader: They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty—and I will meditate on your wonderful works. They tell of the power of your awesome works—and I will proclaim your great deeds.
All: The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.
Leader: The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.
All: All your works praise you, Lord; your faithful people extol you. They tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your might, so that all people may know of your mighty acts and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
Leader: Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations.
All: My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord. Let every creature praise his holy name for ever and ever.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #701 Redeemed, How I Love To Proclaim It!
We Confess Our Sin
Prayer of Confession:
All: Most holy and merciful Father, we acknowledge and confess in your presence our sinful nature which is quick to do evil and slow to do good, quick to envy those above me, quick to look down on those who seem beneath me, quick to covet the honor and riches of the mighty, and quick to be proud and unmerciful to the rags of others.
You alone know how often we have sinned, in wandering from your ways, in wasting your gifts, in forgetting your love.
O Lord, have mercy on us. Teach us to know our errors, cleanse us from our secret faults, and forgive our sins for the sake of your dear Son, our Savior.
Send your Holy Spirit into our hearts so that we may live in your light and walk in your ways as we follow your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Silent Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon: John 3:16
Leader: Hear the gracious words of our Lord Jesus Christ to those who truly repent and turn to him: God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #308 Jesus Paid It All
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
(Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.)
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
The Secrets of the Olive Tree: The Fruit of Repentance Romans 11: 17 – 24; Matthew 22:1-14
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 3-5-23 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Songs of Faith #32 Holy Spirit
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymnal #642 (verse 2) Be Thou My Vision