We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Our Great Savior/ Rowland Prichard
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #33 May The Peoples Praise You
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as the Mama and Papa Bear Apologetics Class are in the basement. The Tabletalk Class is in the sanctuary and 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- Today, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- Following worship, Middle School Communicants’ Class. Lunch Provided.
- 6:00 pm, Tonight, Hymn Sing and Reception to welcome new members. Please bring a dessert to share.
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Mending the Soul Support Group.
- 5:30 Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k through 7th. Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, Wednesday, “Faith of Our Fathers” small group.
- 6:15 pm Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 5:30 pm Thursday, Life INC.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
Every 2nd and 4th Sunday:
- 5:30 pm, March 27th, “James: Christian Maturity” Community Group at the church. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, March 27th, Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin). Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, March 27th, Loftus Community Group (address in Bulletin). Dessert provided.
- VBS helpers and teachers are needed! VBS is June 7th-10th. See Amy K. for more info.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
- The Mercy Team would like to offer the congregation the opportunity to help the Sturgis Women’s Shelter during the months of March and April. They have an ongoing need for the following items. If you can help, please bring items to church to the collection basket in the foyer and we will make sure they are taken to the shelter. THANK YOU!
Hygiene products (soap, shampoo, deodorant, lotions)
Responsive Call to Worship: Ephesians 1: 3 – 8
Leader: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places,
All: Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.
Leader: In love He predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,
All: To the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #701 Redeemed, How I Love to Proclaim It!
We Confess Our Sin
Confession of Sin & Assurance of Pardon
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #691 It Is Well with My Soul
We Welcome New Members
The Apostles’ Creed
We Welcome: Chad B., Syd and Shelli D., Maria K., Oriah and Sarah L.
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Stand Up For Jesus/ George Duffield
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
No Longer Slaves to Fear, But Children of God Romans 8: 13 – 17
A copy of the sermon notes is available: sermon notes 3-20-22
Hymn of Response: How Deep the Father’s Love for Us
The Lord’s Supper
A Word About Communion: Foothills Community Church welcomes all baptized Christians who are willing to forsake their sin and who are trusting in Jesus Christ for salvation to receive Communion with us. If you are not able to take Communion, we invite you to use this time to pray before God.
The Bread (is gluten-free)
The Cup (outer ring contains wine; inner rings contains grape juice)
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #420 At The Lamb’s High Feast We Sing
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymnal #676 v. 1 Day By Day
Postlude: Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee/ Ludwig van Beethoven