We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Arioso/ J.S. Bach
Gathering Hymn: May The Peoples Praise You
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as the Mama and Papa Bear Apologetics Class are in the basement. The Tabletalk Class is in the sanctuary and 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- 5:30 Tonight, “James: Christian Maturity” Community Group at the church. Meal provided.
- 5:30 Tonight, Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin) Meal provided.
- Loftus Community Group will not meet tonight.
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Mending the Soul Support Group.
- 5:30 Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k through 7th. Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, Wednesday, “Faith of Our Fathers” small group.
- 6:15 pm Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 5:30 pm Thursday, Life INC.
- 7 pm Friday, “Sabina” Movie Showing.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- We will celebrate the Lord’s Supper on March 20th.
- 6:00 pm, March 20th, Hymn Sing and Reception to welcome new members.
- FCC is looking for a team of two people to teach Summer Sunday School for the combined class of elementary and middle school-aged children. See Amy K. if interested.
- March Devotionals are available on the bookshelf in the back of the sanctuary
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
- The Mercy Team would like to offer the congregation the opportunity to help the Sturgis Women’s Shelter during the months of March and April. They have an ongoing need for the following items. If you can help, please bring items to church to the collection basket in the foyer and we will make sure they are taken to the shelter. THANK YOU!
Hygiene products (soap, shampoo, deodorant, lotions)
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 67: 3 – 4. 37: 39, 35: 9
Leader: May the peoples praise you, God; may all the peoples praise you.
All: May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples with equity and guide the nations of the earth.
Leader: The salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; he is their stronghold in the time of trouble.
All: My soul will rejoice in the Lord, exulting in his salvation.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #498 Jesus! What A Friend for Sinners!
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Reading: Westminster Shorter Catechism 42 – 44; John 13: 34 – 35
Leader: What is the sum of the ten commandments?
All: The sum of the ten commandments is, to love the Lord our God with all our heart, with all our soul, with all our strength, and with all our mind; and our neighbor as ourselves.
Leader: What is the preface to the ten commandments?
All: The preface to the ten commandments is in these words, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Leader: What does the preface to the ten commandments teach us?
All: The preface to the ten commandments teacheth us, that because God is the Lord, and our God, and Redeemer, therefore we are bound to keep all his commandments.
Leader: “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
Confession of Sin & Assurance of Pardon: Colossians 3: 2 – 13
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #497 I Need Thee, Precious Jesus
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: In the Garden/C. Austin Miles(1868-1946) A former pharmacist turned editor.
This song was popularized during the Billy Sunday evangelistic campaigns of 1912. Roy Rogers and Dale Evans recorded the song along with Tennessee Ernie Ford in 1950.
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Romans 8: 9 – 13 The Motive, Method, and Means of Sanctification
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 3-13-22 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #599 Savior Like A Shepherd Lead Us
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymnal #676 v. 1 Day By Day
Postlude: O Worship The King/ Johann Haydn