We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Spirit of God—Frederick Atkinson
Gathering Hymn: Hymnal #302 Come, Christians, Join to Sing
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is studying Christ in the Covenants in the Sanctuary.
- 9 am, New Members Class
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- Following worship, Love and Respect Group. Childcare provided.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Community Groups meet at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into groups for prayer and study.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 4:30 pm, Wednesday, Worship Team Practice
- 5:00 pm, Wednesday, Sonlight Puppeteer practice.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for pre-k—7th grade. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, J-Curve Study for the adults at the church. Meal provided. See Ron B. for more information.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesdays, New Members’ class for the middle and high schoolers.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 6-8 pm, Friday, Love INC’s Annual Hope & Love Banquet at the Sturgis Armory.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 2-4 pm, Saturday, Women’s Tea Fellowship, Devotion, and Fun.
- March 19th, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- 6:00 pm, March 24th and April 14th, Men’s Family Shepherd Evening. Plan to join for another great time of food, fellowship, and study.
- Following worship on March 26th there will be a congregational meeting to inform the congregation of the steps that the session has taken regarding a matter of church discipline.
- 7:00 pm, April 7th, Good Friday Service.
- Days 61-91 of the Family Devotionals are available to pick up from the basket in the Foyer.
- Mercy Bags are available in the Foyer and you are encouraged to take one or two to give to someone in need. A Mercy Bag is part of our FCC outreach ministry. It consists of a quart-sized bag filled with toiletry items, water, food, and a Gospel tract.
- We are taking a collection for the Women’s Shelter through the month of March. There is a container in the foyer area by the front doors. Your contribution will be greatly appreciated! They are in need of these items:
Shampoo & Conditioner
Liquid Body Wash
- 9am-12, June 5-8, Vacation Bible School. There are limited spots this year so please make sure to pre-register. Volunteers and Participants may register online by scanning the QR Code in the bulletin.
Responsive Call to Worship: 1 Chronicles 29: 11 – 13
Leader: Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours.
All: We thank you and praise your glorious name!
Leader: Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all. Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all.
All: We thank you and praise your glorious name!
Leader: In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all.
All: We thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name!
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Glorify Thy Name
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: From Heidelberg Catechism Questions 54 and 55
Leader: What do you believe concerning “the holy catholic church”?
All: I believe that the Son of God through his Spirit and Word, out of the entire human race, from the beginning of the world to its end, gathers, protects, and preserves for himself a community chosen for eternal life and united in true faith. And of this community I am and always will be a living member.
Leader: What do you understand by “the communion of saints”?
All: First, that believers one and all, as members of this community, share in Christ and in all his treasures and gifts. Second, that each member should consider it a duty to use these gifts readily and joyfully for the service and enrichment of the other members.
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #347 (verses 1,2,5,6) The Church’s One Foundation
We Confess Our Sin
All: Gracious God, You have made us for Yourself. Therefore, our hearts are restless until we rest in You. We hear this. We know this. And yet, we often demand instant conveniences and prioritize personal agendas over relationship with You. Forgive us, and let us hear again the invitation to come to You, especially when the burdens are heavy, for in You is our rest, our redemption, our renewal, and our resurrection, through Christ our Lord, Amen.
Silent Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon: Joel 2:12-13
Leader: “Even now,” declares the LORD, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.
Hymn of Assurance: Songs of Faith #42 Psalm 90
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: I Must Tell Jesus—Elisha Hoffman-(1839-1929) during a pastorate in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, there was a woman who suffered many sorrows and afflictions. Coming to her home one day, I found her much discouraged. “Brother Hoffman, what shall I do?” I quoted from the Word, then added, “You cannot do better than to take all of your sorrows to Jesus. You must tell Jesus.”
We Hear God Speak
(Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.)
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
The Secrets of the Olive Tree: The Covenant Community of Christ Romans 11: 17 – 24
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 3-12-23 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Songs of Faith #26 I Am Not My Own
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymnal #481 Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
Postlude: I Know That My Redeemer Lives- American Folk Hymn