We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Breathe On Me, Breath of God/ Robert Jackson
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #36 Immortal, Invisible
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes are in the basement. The Adult Sunday School is in the sanctuary and 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- 9 am-noon, Tuesday-Friday, Vacation Bible School for grades pre-k – 8th.
- 6:30 pm, Tuesday, Mercy Ministry Team meeting.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 7: 15 pm, Thursday, Prayer Meeting at Daniel and Sarah’s. Address in bulletin.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- June 12th, We will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- 5:30 pm, June 12th, Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin) Meal provided.
- 5:00 pm, June 19th, New Covenant’s new building dedication in Spearfish. Everyone is invited to attend.
- New Members Class will be starting soon. If you are interested in learning more about Foothills, please see Pastor Jeff for more information.
- June Devotionals are available on the bookshelf in the back of the sanctuary.
- Black Hills Christian Academy in Spearfish, SD is seeking a School Administrator and a School Principal. These positions require a heart for God, a desire to work in the ministry of Christian education, at minimum a Bachelor’s degree, and a team-player disposition. If you are interested in more details you can find both positions listed on the ACSI website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: Ephesians 1: 3 – 11
Leader: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.
All: In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.
Leader: In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight
All: Making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.
Leader: In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,
All: so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #296 All Hail The Power of Jesus’ Name
We Confess Our Sin
Prayer of Confession
Silent Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon: Isaiah 55:6-9
Hymn of Assurance: Songs of Faith #12 Before the Throne of God Above
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Special Music-Jesus, Strong and Kind
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Destined To Be God’s Magnum Opus Romans 8: 28 – 30
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 6-5-22 Sermon Notes
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #355 We Are God’s People
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Jesus, Strong and Kind (verse 1 and chorus)
Postlude: Tell Me The Old, Old Story/Wm. Diane