We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Fairest Lord Jesus/ Crusaders Hymn
Gathering Hymn: Hymnal #166, “Wondrous King, All-Glorious”
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is in the Sanctuary
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- 10:00 am, Monday, Women’s Bible Study on the Lord’s Prayer. Childcare provided. (will not meet July 3rd)
- 6:30 pm, Tuesday, Women’s Bible Study on the Lord’s Prayer. (will not meet July 4th)
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 2:00 pm, Saturday, Women’s Tea Fellowship
- Pastor Jeff and Carey are out of town, but they will be back on the 25th to worship with us. If you have a pastoral need during this time, please contact an elder.
- June 25th, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- 6:30 pm, June 28th, Mercy Ministry Team meeting.
- 2:00 pm, July 1st, we will help Levi and Nia’s family pack their U-Haul. If you are able to help, please let the church office know.
- Following worship, July 9th, Picnic in the Park. We will also be celebrating the members that have recently joined our church family. The church will provide sandwiches, chips, and drinks. A-L please bring sides, M-Z please bring desserts. Bring your lawn chairs and meet us in the Woodland Park Shelter at the city park. Please RSVP to Tracy K.
- 5:30 pm, July 9th, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, July 10th, Session Meeting.
- Every Thursday, beginning June 8th–29th, at 5:30 pm, Life INC classes at Crossroads Assembly of God. See Becky M. for more information.
- Save the dates! Women’s mini-retreat on September 15th and 16th. Be watching for more information.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 9:7-11
Leader: But the Lord sits enthroned forever; he has established his throne for justice
All: and he judges the world with righteousness; he judges the peoples with uprightness
Leader: The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
All: And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.
Leader: Sing praises to the Lord, who sits enthroned in Zion! Tell among the peoples His deeds!
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: bulletin insert, “Wherefore Do the Nations Rage” (Psalm 2)
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: Westminster Larger Catechism #45
Leader: How does Christ execute the office of a king?
All: Christ executes the office of a king, in calling out of the world a people to himself, and giving them officers, laws, and censures, by which he visibly governs them; in bestowing saving grace upon his elect, rewarding their obedience, and correcting them for their sins, preserving and supporting them under all their temptations and sufferings, restraining and overcoming all their enemies, and powerfully ordering all things for his own glory, and their good; and also in taking vengeance on the rest, who know not God, and obey not the gospel.
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Call to Confession: Deuteronomy 6:4-9
Leader: “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.
All: You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
Leader: And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
All: You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Silent Confession of Sin
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Colossians 2:13-14, Philippians 2:9
Leader: And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.
All: He humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #310, “Rejoice, the Lord is King”
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Nobody Knows the Trouble I’ve Seen/ Negro Spiritual-through all the spirituals there breathes hope, a faith in the ultimate justice and brotherhood of man. The cadences of sorrow invariably turn to joy, and the message is ever manifest that eventually deliverance from all that hinders and oppresses the soul will come, and man will be free.
We Hear God Speak
(Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.)
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
“Take Me to Your Leader” 1 Samuel 8
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #439, “Christ Shall Have Dominion”
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymn: Hymnal #359, “Blest Be the Tie That Binds” (Verses 1, 3, and 6)
Postlude: Lovely Child, Holy Child/Bethlehem Folk Carol