We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Hymnal #302 Come, Christians, Join to Sing
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is in the Sanctuary
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- Following worship, Picnic in the Park. We will also be celebrating the members that have recently joined our church family and celebrating the baptism of Penny Lane with a diaper shower. Meet us in the Woodland Park Shelter at the city park.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 10:00 am, Monday, Women’s Bible Study on the Lord’s Prayer. Childcare provided.
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Session Meeting.
- 6:30 pm, Tuesday, Women’s Bible Study on the Lord’s Prayer.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 9:50 am, Thursday, at the Adams House in Deadwood, Women’s Fellowship. Tour begins at 10 followed by tea and devotional. We still have a few available spots to fill, so RSVP.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- July 16th, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- There will be no Sunday School during the month of August (will resume at 9:00 on September 10th)
- Save the dates! ‘Flourishing in the Courts of Our God’ Women’s mini-retreat on September 15th and 16th. The speaker will be Meaghan May and the seminar will be based on Psalm 92. Be watching for more information regarding registration.
- FCC’s Fellowship Team is looking for additional team members. If interested in helping in this area, please let Tracy or the office know.
- Days 183-213 of the Family Devotional are available. You may pick them up from the basket on the table in the Foyer.
- Every Monday and Thursday Love INC is open for any skilled volunteers to assist in their remodeling (sheetrock, taping/texturing, framers, window glazing, plumbing, landscaping, and painting). Love INC is also looking for a volunteer to help with office/administrative work. Please contact Bill M. or Becky M. and leave a message. Thank you for considering this.
A Moment for Ministry: Camp Judson 2023
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 133; Ephesians 1: 3 – 6
Leader: Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!
All: It is like the precious oil on the head, running down on the beard, on the beard of Aaron, running down on the collar of his robes! It is like the dew of Hermon, which falls on the mountains of Zion!
Leader: For there the Lord has commanded the blessing, life forevermore.
All: Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: O Love That Will Not Let Me Go
We Confess Our Faith
Baptizing Penny Lane as a child of the covenant
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #599 (verses 1, 4) Savior Like A Shepherd Lead Us
We Confess Our Sin
Call to Confession: Adapted from Romans 6: 1 – 4
Silent Confession of Sin
Corporate Prayer of Confession: Adapted from Psalm 4
All: Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. How long will humanity turn your glory into shame? How long will your people love delusions and seek false gods? In my anger I have sinned; though you continue to search my heart for love. Forgive me, O Lord, and help me to follow your teaching and live a life that is pleasing to you, so that your face may once again shine upon me. Amen.
Assurance of Pardon: John 10: 27 – 28
Hymn of Assurance: Songs of Faith #40 He Will Hold Me Fast
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
(Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.)
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Living Love Romans 12: 10 – 13
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 7-9-23 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #642 (verses 1, 2, 5) Be Thou My Vision
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymn: God Be With You Till We Meet Again