We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: The Lord’s My Shepherd/ In the setting of Robert Schumann’s Traumerei
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #10 Here I am To Worship
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes are in the basement. The High School and Adult Sunday School Class is in the sanctuary.
- 9:00 New Members’ Class in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- 6:30 pm, Tuesday, Mercy Ministry Team meeting.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study. There will be no Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study on August 6, 11, or 13.
- 7: 15 pm, Thursday, Prayer Meeting at Daniel and Sarah’s. Address in the bulletin. Will not meet on August 11th.
- There will be no Sunday School or New Members’ Class on August 7th or 14th.
- New Mercy Bags have been packed and are available to be picked up in the Foyer. Please take one to give to someone in need.
- There will be no Nursery, Toddlers’ or Children’s Church on August 7th.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 34: 1 – 3
Leader: I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the Lord; The humble will hear it and rejoice. O magnify the Lord with me,
All: Let us exalt His name together.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Songs of Faith #25 Lift High the Name of Jesus
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Reading: Adapted from Psalm 10:1-7
Leader: Heavenly Father, I confess that I have sinned against you. I have delighted my soul in other things more than I have in you. Why, then, is it any surprise to me that you feel far off from me? I have driven you away!
All: In my arrogance, I have enjoyed the comforts of this world while I care too little that the poor cannot feed or care for themselves. Because of my greed, I boast of all that I have and all that I desire.
Leader: In one moment, I believe that I’m invincible, able to withstand any problem or struggle. In the next moment, I believe that the evil all around me is out to get me. My mouth is full of cursing and deceit and oppression; under my tongue are mischief and iniquity.
All: O God, forgive me of my sin. Look on me with mercy, and give me grace to delight in you, rather than in my sin. Lift me out of this pit of sin, cleanse me of my unrighteousness, and fill me with your Holy Spirit so that I might walk in holiness and obey your commandments.
Prayer of Confession
Silent Confession of Sin
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Psalm 68:19; Isaiah 12:2; WSC 36
Leader: Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation.
All: Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation.
Leader: What are the benefits which in this life accompany or flow from God’s works of salvation on our behalf, specifically our justification, adoption, and sanctification?
All: The benefits which in this life accompany or flow from God’s works of salvation on our behalf are, assurance of God’s love, peace of conscience, joy in the Holy Spirit, increase of grace, and perseverance therein to the end.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #134 God Will Take Care of You
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Couldn’t Hear Nobody Pray— Negro Spiritual
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
More Than Conquerors Romans 8: 35 – 39
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 7-31-22 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Victory in Jesus
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Verses 1, 2 Take the Name of Jesus with You
Postlude: When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder/ James Black