We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: We Are Living, We are Dwelling/ Welsh Melody (In the setting of G.F. Handel’s Sarabande)
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #33 May The Peoples Praise You
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes are in the basement. The High Schoolers and Adult Sunday School Class is in the sanctuary.
- 9:00 New Members’ Class in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- Following worship, we will be packing Mercy Bags.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin) Meal provided.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study. There will be no Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study on August 6, 11, or 13.
- 7: 15 pm, Thursday, Prayer Meeting at Daniel and Sarah’s. Address in the bulletin. Will not meet on August 11th.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study. There will be no Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study on August 6, 11, or 13.
- 6:30 pm, August 2nd, Mercy Ministry Team meeting.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
A Moment for Ministry: Jeffrey N. RUF at Tennessee Tech.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 145
Leader: I will extol you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever.
All: Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts.
Leader: On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate. They shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds, and I will declare your greatness.
All: They shall pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness and shall sing aloud of your righteousness.
Leader: The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.
All: The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made.
Leader: All your works shall give thanks to you, O Lord, and all your saints shall bless you! They shall speak of the glory of your kingdom and tell of your power, to make known to the children of man your mighty deeds, and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
All: Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures throughout all generations.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #55 To God Be The Glory
We Confess Our Sin
Leader: Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord. (Acts 3: 19)
Prayer of Confession
Silent Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon:
Leader: In Christ we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace. (Ephesians 1: 7)
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #467 Wonderful Grace of Jesus
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Mansion Over The Hilltop/ Ira F. Stanphill (1914-1993) converted to Christ at the age of twelve and was called into the ministry. At seventeen, Ira wrote his first song. At twenty-two, began his own preaching ministry in a revival meeting in Arcadia, Kansas. Rev. Stanphill shares his philosophy for writing gospel songs: “The basic reason I have written songs is that I love God and Christ has loved me. Most of my songs are the outgrowth of real experiences with Christ, I think they appeal to people because I have had trials, heartaches, and sorrows in my own life and I know what I write about”.
We Hear God Speak
Children of the Covenant
Baptism of Charlotte B.
Hymn: Hymnal #189 (verses 1, 2) Jesus Loves Me
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Faith Not Fear Romans 8: 35 – 36
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 7-24-22 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Songs of Faith #40 He Will Hold Me Fast
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Oh How He Loves You and Me
Postlude: I Will Sing the Wondrous Story