We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Deep River/ Spiritual
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #22 Living Waters
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as Adult Classes are in the basement. 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- 4:30 Tonight, New Membership Class.
- 6:00 Tonight, Hymn Sing. Reception following to welcome our new members.
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Mending the Soul Support Group.
- 5:30 Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k through 7th. Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, Wednesday, “Faith of Our Fathers” small group.
- 6:15 pm Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 6:45 pm, Women’s Bible Study. Study on the book of Ephesians. Meets every 1st and 3rd Thursday.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
Every 2nd and 4th Sunday:
- 5:30 pm “James: Christian Maturity” Community Group (address in Bulletin). Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin). Meal provided.
Mark Your Calendar:
- February 5th, we have an opportunity to bless Daniel and Sarah R as they move into their new home. If interested in helping, see Clea B.
- 6:00 pm, February 5th, at the Sturgis Armory, Love INC’s annual fundraiser “Hope and Love”.
- 5:30 pm, February 17th, Sturgis Love INC will begin weekly Life INC classes in our Fellowship Hall. There will be a free meal and prayer at 5:30; free classes start at 6. All are encouraged to come, pray, and build relationships with others. We are looking for volunteers to help with child care and making meals on those Thursdays. Please sign-up!
- Following worship, February 20th, Soup Potluck and Fellowship. Sign-ups will be shared soon.
- 6:00 pm February 27th, Loftus Community Group (address in Bulletin). Dessert provided.
- 2021 Giving Records are available on the back table.
- We are participating in Bella Pregnancy’s Annual Baby Bottle Fundraiser. Pick up a baby bottle and fill with change, cash, or check, and return by February 20th.
- If you did not have the opportunity to read Pastor Jeff’s daily devotionals a couple of years ago, there are copies for the months of January and February on the bookshelf in the back of the sanctuary.
- If you would like to attend the TobyMac/Crowder concert on March 10, please contact Jay or Kayla H. We can buy group tickets and sit together. Tickets cost $30.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 96: Praise Him, All Creation
Leader: Sing a new song to the Lord. Sing to the Lord all the earth. Sing to the Lord, bless his name.
All: Proclaim his salvation day by day, Tell his glory among the nations,
Leader: Tell his marvels to every people. The Lord himself made the heavens, in his presence are splendour and majesty, in his sanctuary power and beauty.
All: Ascribe to the Lord, families of the people, ascribe to the Lord beauty and power, ascribe to the Lord the glory due to his name.
Leader: Bring an offering, bear it before him, worship the Lord in the splendour of holiness, tremble before him, all the earth!
All: Let the heavens rejoice and the earth be glad, let the sea thunder and all that it holds, let the fields exult and all that is in them, let all the trees of the forest cry out for joy.
Leader: At the presence of the Lord, for he comes, he comes to rule the earth, to judge the world with justice and the nations with his truth.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Songs of Faith #9 Come People of the Risen King
We Confess Our Sin
Leader: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him, yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from sin. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. (1 John 1:5-8)
All: Most holy and merciful Father, we confess to you and to one another, that we have sinned against you by what we have done, and by what we have left undone. We have not loved you with our whole heart and mind and strength. We have not fully loved our neighbors as ourselves. We have not always had in us the mind of Christ. You alone know how often we have grieved you by wasting your gifts, by wandering from your ways. Forgive us, and free us from our sin. Renew in us the grace and strength of your Holy Spirit, for the sake of Jesus Christ your Son our Savior. Amen.
Confession of Sin & Assurance of Pardon: Isaiah 55:6-9
Leader: Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon. “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
Hymn of Response: Cleanse Me
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: De Blin’ Man Stood On De Road an Cried/ Spiritual/ arranged by H. T. Burleigh(1866-1949) he was an African-American classical composer, arranger, and professional singer. He helped to make black music available to classically-trained artists both by introducing them to the music and by arranging the music in a more classical form. With the help of composer Edward MacDowell’s mother, he was accepted into the National Conservatory of Music in NYC. He became known worldwide for his excellent baritone voice, sang spirituals while cleaning the Conservatory’s halls, which drew the attention of the Conservatory’s director, Czech composer Anton Dvorak. Later, Dvorak said, “In the Negro melodies of America, I discover all that I needed for a great and noble school of music.” Based on Mark 10:46, 52.
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
The War Within Romans 7: 14 – 24
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #500 Rock of Ages
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymnal #481 (verse 3) Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
Postlude: Ev’ry Time I Feel The Spirit/ Spiritual