We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #10 Here I Am to Worship
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as Adult Classes are in the basement. 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Mending the Soul Support Group.
- 6:30 pm, Tuesday, Mercy Ministry Team Meeting
- 5:30 Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k through 7th. Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, Wednesday, “Faith of Our Fathers” small group.
- 6:15 pm Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
- 6:45 pm, Thursday, Women’s Bible Study. Study on the book of Ephesians. Meets every 1st and 3rd Thursday.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
Every 2nd and 4th Sunday:
- 5:30 pm “James: Christian Maturity” Community Group (address in Bulletin). Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin). Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm Loftus Community Group (address in Bulletin). Dessert provided.
Mark Your Calendar:
- 6:00 pm, January 9th, New Membership Class. For more information, see Pastor Jeff.
- January 15th, Puppet Ministry Training (if inclement weather, will meet January 22nd.) This training is for all ages. For more information, see Clea B. or Denzel N.
- 6:00 pm, January 16th, Hymn Sing. Afterward, there will be a reception to welcome our new members.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: Isaiah 6: 1 – 9
Leader: In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said:
All: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!”
Leader: And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke.
All: And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”
Leader: Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth and said: “Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for.” And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?”
All: Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Songs of Faith #24 Only A Holy God
We Confess Our Sin
Confession of Sin & Assurance of Pardon: Proverbs 28: 13
Leader: Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #605 All the Way My Savior Leads Me
We Give Thanks To The Lord
A Moment for Ministry: Jeff Neikirk Jr. Reformed University Fellowship Tennessee Tech University
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
Children’s Church Presentation
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Two Ways Romans 6: 19 – 23
Hymn of Response: We Are Called To Be God’s People
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Family of God (chorus only)