We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #10 Here I Am to Worship
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- 5:00 pm, Wednesday, Sonlight Puppeteer practice.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for pre-k—7th grade. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, J-Curve Study for the adults at the church. Meal provided. See Ron B. for more information.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesdays, New Members’ class for the middle and high schoolers.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center. See Shonda J. for more information.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 6:00 pm, January 8th, Hymn Sing and Fellowship to welcome our new members. Please bring a dessert to share.
- Following worship on January 15th, we will have a congregational meeting to ratify the 2023 budget.
- 5:30 pm, January 15th, Small Groups meet at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into three groups for prayer and study.
- 5:30 pm, January 15th, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- January 22nd, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper. Following worship, there will be a potluck.
- We will no longer be subscribing to RightNow Media. The last day of access will be January 7th.
- Pastor Jeff will be on vacation until January 5th. If you have a pastoral need, please contact one of the elders.
- There will be no Toddlers’ or Children’s Church today. Clipboards are available in the foyer to take sermon notes.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 145:1-7
Leader: I will extol you, my God and King, and bless your name forever and ever.
All: Every day I will bless you and praise your name forever and ever.
Leader: Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable.
All: One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts. On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate.
Leader: They shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds, and I will declare your greatness.
All: They shall pour forth the fame of your abundant goodness and shall sing aloud of your righteousness.
Leader: Let us worship God.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #44 How Great Thou Art
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: Adapted from the WCF Chapter 25, 1&2
Leader: What do we mean when we reference the catholic church?
All: The catholic or universal Church, which is invisible, consists of the whole number of God’s elect, that have been, are, or shall be gathered into one, of which Christ is the Head of the body; and the Church is the body, the fullness of Him that fills all in all.
This Church is comprised of all those who profess the Gospel as the true religion and is the kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ, the house and family of God, outside of which there is no ordinary possibility of salvation.
We Confess Our Sin
Call to Confession: Psalm 145: 8-12
Leader: The LORD is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. The LORD is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made. All your works shall give thanks to you, O LORD, and all your saints shall bless you! They shall speak of the glory of your kingdom and tell of your power, to make known to the children of man your mighty deeds, and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
All: Most merciful and Holy Father, you are holy, without sin, and full of love. In the fullness of time you sent your Son into the world to be born of Mary and born of God to save your people from sin. You alone know the times we have followed our nature to be prone to evil and slow in good. In wandering from your ways, wasting your gifts, and in forgetting your love we have sinned. Have mercy upon us who are ashamed and sorry for all which displeases you. Teach us to hate our wrongs, cleanse us from our secret faults, and forgive our sin. Strengthen us to live in your light and to walk in your ways, according to the teachings and commandments of our Lord Jesus Christ in whose name we pray. Hear our silent confessions now.
Silent Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon: Psalm 145: 13-21
Leader: Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures throughout all generations. The LORD is faithful in all his words and kind in all his works. The LORD upholds all who are falling and raises up all who are bowed down. The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food in due season. You open your hand; you satisfy the desire of every living thing. The LORD is righteous in all his ways and kind in all his works. The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them. The LORD preserves all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy. My mouth will speak the praise of the LORD, and let all flesh bless his holy name forever and ever.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #598 Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Rev. Denzel Nonhof: Family Worship
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #719 A Christian Home
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymnal #672 (verses 1, 5) Trust and Obey