We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Precious Lord, Take My Hand/Thomas Dorsey
Gathering Hymn: Hymnal #616 Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as Adult Classes are in the basement. 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- We will celebrate the Lord’s Supper today.
- 4:30 pm, New Membership Class
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Mending the Soul Support Group.
- 5:30 Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k through 7th. Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, Wednesday, “Faith of Our Fathers” small group.
- 6:15 pm Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 6:45 pm, Women’s Bible Study. Study on the book of Ephesians. Meets every 1st and 3rd Thursday.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
- 9 am Saturday, Puppet Training.
Every 2nd and 4th Sunday:
- 5:30 pm “James: Christian Maturity” Community Group (address in Bulletin). Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin). Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm Loftus Community Group (address in Bulletin). Dessert provided.
Mark Your Calendar:
- 6:00 pm, January 30th, Hymn Sing. Reception following to welcome our new members.
- 6:00 pm, February 5th, at the Sturgis Armory, Love INC’s annual fundraiser “Hope and Love”. Tickets are $25 each or $200 for a table of eight. All are welcome.
- 5:30 pm, February 17th, Sturgis Love INC will begin weekly Life INC classes in our Fellowship Hall. There will be a free meal and prayer at 5:30; free classes start at 6. All are encouraged to come, pray, and build relationships with others. We are looking for volunteers to help with child care and making meals on those Thursdays. Please sign-up!
- Following worship, February 20th, Soup Potluck and Fellowship. Sign-ups will be shared soon.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 117
Leader: Praise the Lord, all nations! Extol him, all peoples!
All: For great is his steadfast love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord!
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #45 Now Unto Jehovah, Ye Sons of the Mighty
We Confess Our Sin
Confession of Sin & Assurance of Pardon: Jeremiah 31:31, 33-34
Leader: The days are coming,” declares the LORD, “when I will make a new covenant …..This is the covenant I will make…..,” declares the LORD. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the LORD. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #457 Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing
We Affirm Our Faith
The Apostles’ Creed
We Welcome Kevin and Amanda into Membership at Foothills
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: His Eye Is on the Sparrow/ Civilla Martin
In 1905, she and her husband were traveling in NY. They became deep friends with a couple named Doolittle—true saints of God. Mrs. Doolittle had been bedridden for 20 years. Her husband was an incurable cripple who had to propel himself to and from business in his wheelchair. Despite their afflictions, they lived happy Christian lives. “One day while we were visiting, my husband commented on their bright hopefulness and asked them for the secret of it. Mrs. Doolittle’s reply was simple: His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me.”( Matthew 6:26)
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
The Law and Sin Romans 7: 7 – 12
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #252 When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
The Lord’s Supper
A Word About Communion: Foothills Community Church welcomes all baptized Christians who are willing to forsake their sin and who are trusting in Jesus Christ for salvation to receive Communion with us. If you are not able to take Communion, we invite you to use this time to pray before God.
The Bread (is gluten-free)
The Cup (outer ring contains wine; inner rings contains grape juice)
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #465 Marvelous Grace of Our Loving Lord
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Oh How He Loves You and Me
Postlude: Lord, Listen to Your Children/ Ken Medema