We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #9 Come People of the Risen King
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is studying Christ in the Covenants in the Sanctuary.
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- 6:00 pm, Tonight, Hymn Sing and Fellowship. Please bring a dessert to share.
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Deacon meeting.
- 6:30 pm, Tuesday, Mercy Ministry Team meeting.
- 5:00 pm, Wednesday, Sonlight Puppeteer practice.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for pre-k—7th grade. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, J-Curve Study for the adults at the church. Meal provided. See Ron B. for more information.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesdays, New Members’ class for the middle and high schoolers.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 6:30 pm, Friday, Ladies’ Fellowship. Ladies of all ages, please join us at the church for an evening of Knoephla-making! Knoephla is a German dumpling/noodle used in a creamy potato soup. We will make enough Knoephla for everyone to take some home for their freezer. There will also be a gluten-free Knoephla recipe option. There will be a small fee to cover the cost of ingredients. To participate, please RSVP to Kayla H.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 5:30 pm, February 12th, Community Groups meet at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into groups for prayer and study.
- 5:30 pm, February 12th, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, February 13th, Session Meeting.
- February 19th, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- Following worship, February 19th, please join us for a fellowship meal and a time to celebrate the Casey’s new baby.
- 6-8 pm, February 24th, South Dakota Kids Belong Annual Gala at the Countryside Church in Spearfish; Dinner provided. Reserve your seat at americakidsbelong.ticketspice.com/rise-up-2023 Please see Clea B. for more information.
- We are participating in Bella Pregnancy Resource Center’s
Annual Baby Bottle Fundraiser. Simply pick up a baby bottle, take home and fill with cash, check, and change, and return by February 26th.
- To help strengthen marriages, we will be starting a new Community Group called Love and Respect. If interested in attending, please fill out a response card.
- If you would like to participate in making Valentine’s Day cards for Meals-On-Wheels recipients, please return cards by February 12th.
A Moment for Ministry: TJ L. Love and Respect
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 96:2, 1 Chronicles 16: 23, Psalm 5: 11, Psalm 89: 1, Psalm 103: 2 – 5, Psalm 103: 1
Leader: Sing to the Lord, bless His name; Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.
All: Sing to the Lord, all the earth; Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.
Leader: Let all who take refuge in You be glad, let them ever sing for joy; And may You shelter them, that those who love Your name may exult in You.
All: I will sing of the lovingkindness of the Lord forever; To all generations I will make known Your faithfulness with my mouth.
Leader: Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion; Who satisfies your years with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle.
All: Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: 10,000 Reasons
We Confess Our Sin
Prayer of Confession (Adapted from the Valley of Vision: To Be Fit For God)
All: You, oh God, are the maker and sustainer of all things. Day and night are yours, heaven and earth declare your glory.
But I, a creature made by power and sustained by your goodness, have sinned against you by resisting the dictates of conscience, the demands of your law, the calls of your gospel. Like a sheep gone astray, I have gone my own way.
Yet, in spite of my sin, by your grace alone, I live in the hope of Christ.
Deliver me from a worldly nature, let me never slumber, never lose my assurance, for I am born from above and bound for glory.
Fix my mind upon you and turn my trials to blessings, that they may draw out my gratitude and praise as You discipline me in Your great love.
Shape my obedience to your will so that it becomes a holy, natural, and delightful thing to me.
Sanctify me in every condition of life, that I may be content to bring glory to your name and an example to others. Amen
Silent Confession of Sin
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Romans 8: 34 – 38
Leader: Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
All: Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
Leader: No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #691 It Is Well With My Soul
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
(Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.)
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Striving for Jealousy Romans 11: 11 – 12
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 2-5-23 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #467 Wonderful Grace of Jesus
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Christ Liveth in Me (verse 1)