We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Just as I Am/ William Bradbury
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #24 Only A Holy God
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is studying Christ in the Covenants in the Sanctuary.
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- Following worship, Love and Respect Group. Childcare provided.
- Following worship, Packing Mercy Bags in the Fireside Room. See Debbie S. for more information.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Community Groups meet at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into groups for prayer and study.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 3:30 pm, Wednesday, Fellowship Team meeting.
- 4:30 pm, Wednesday, Music Practice
- 5:00 pm, Wednesday, Sonlight Puppeteer practice.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for pre-k—7th grade. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, J-Curve Study for the adults at the church. Meal provided. See Ron B. for more information.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesdays, New Members’ class for the middle and high schoolers.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 6:00 pm, March 5th, Hymn Sing and Fellowship. Please bring a dessert to share.
- 6:00 pm, March 6th, Session Meeting
- 6:30 pm, March 7th, Mercy Ministry Team meeting.
- 2-4 pm, March 11th, Women’s Tea Fellowship, Devotion, and Fun.
- 6:00 pm, March 24th, Family Shepherd Evening. Plan to join for another great time of food (smoked elk or fish fry), fellowship, and study.
- Days 61-91 of the Family Devotionals are available to pick up from the basket in the Foyer.
A Moment for Ministry: FCC Prayer Chain
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 36: 5 – 10
Leader: Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds.
All: Your righteousness is like the mountains of God; your judgments are like the great deep; man and beast you save, O Lord.
Leader: How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights.
All: For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light. Oh, continue your steadfast love to those who know you, and your righteousness to the upright of heart!
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #529 Love Divine, All Loves Excelling
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: John 14: 15 – 24
Leader: “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
All: And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.
Leader: I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
All: Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me.
Leader: Because I live, you also will live.
All: In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
Leader: Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”
All: “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?”
Leader: Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father’s who sent me.”
Choir Special: O the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus
We Confess Our Sin
Prayer of Confession: Adapted from the Valley of Vision- Spiritus Sanctus
All: Heavenly Father, as the sun is full of light, the ocean full of water, heaven full of glory, so may my heart be full of you. Please give me yourself without measure, as an unimpaired fountain, so streams of living water flow from me.
In your mercy, for the sake of your Son, forgive my coldness of heart toward you. Forgive my spiritual poverty before you, my indifferent service to you, and my times of unfeeling praise and self-centered prayers before you.
Send your Spirit as power, to expel every rebel lust, to reign supreme and keep me yours;
Let your Spirit come to me as teacher, leading me into all truth, filling me with all understanding, illuminating the Scripture, moulding me in its laws;
Let your Spirit fill me with love, and joy to dwell in me, move in me, empower me;
Let your Spirit fall fresh on me and sanctify me, in body, soul and spirit, making me wholly yours;
Magnify to me your glory by being magnified in me. Amen
Silent Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon: From Zephaniah 3: 14 – 17
Leader: Be glad and rejoice with all your heart! The Lord has taken away your punishment, he has turned back your enemy. The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.
Hymn of Assurance: Jesus, I Am Resting, Resting
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Just A Closer Walk With Thee/ Traditional Spiritual
Authorship is contested, some think it dates back to Civil War era slaves, while others date it much later. It was published in 1940.
We Hear God Speak
(Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.)
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
The Secrets of the Olive Tree: The Tree and Its Branches Romans 11: 17 – 24
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 2-26-23 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Songs of Faith #41 God Be Merciful To Me
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymnal #55 (verse 1) To God Be the Glory
Postlude: Beneath the Cross of Jesus/ Frederick Maker