We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: My Shepherd Will Supply My Need- American Folk Tune
Gathering Hymn: Hymnal #45 Now Unto Jehovah Ye Sons of the Mighty
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is studying Christ in the Covenants in the Sanctuary.
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- Today we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- Following worship join us for a fellowship meal and a time to celebrate the Casey’s new baby.
- Following worship, Men’s Choir Practice.
- 4:30 pm, Wednesday, Worship Team; 5:00 pm, Choir Practice.
- 5:00 pm, Wednesday, Sonlight Puppeteer practice.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for pre-k—7th grade. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, J-Curve Study for the adults at the church. Meal provided. See Ron B. for more information.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesdays, New Members’ class for the middle and high schoolers.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 6:00 pm, Friday, Family Shepherd Evening. Plan to join for another great time of food (smoked elk or fish fry), fellowship, and study.
- 6-8 pm, Friday, South Dakota Kids Belong Annual Gala at the Countryside Church in Spearfish; Dinner provided. Please see Clea B. for more information.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- Following worship, February 26th, Love and Respect Group. Lunch and childcare are provided.
- 5:30 pm, February 26th, Community Groups meet at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into groups for prayer and study.
- 5:30 pm, February 26th, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- We are participating in Bella Pregnancy Resource Center’s Annual Baby Bottle Fundraiser. Simply pick up a baby bottle, take home and fill with cash, check, and change, and return by February 26th.
- Following worship, February 26th Packing Mercy Bags. We would love to have you join us (children are welcome but will need assistance). The packing of these bags should take about 15-20 minutes. A Mercy Bag is part of our FCC outreach ministry. It consists of a quart-sized bag filled with toiletry items, water, food, and a Gospel tract. These bags will be available in the church foyer starting March 5. You are encouraged to take one or two of these bags and give them to someone in need.
Responsive Call to Worship: 1 Samuel 2: 2; Exodus 15: 11; Psalm 33: 21 1 Chronicles 16: 35; Psalm 97: 12
Leader: Who is like You among the gods, O Lord? Who is like You, majestic in holiness, awesome in praises, working wonders?
All: There is no one holy like the Lord, Indeed, there is no one besides You, nor is there any rock like our God.
Leader: Our heart rejoices in Him, because we trust in His holy name.
All: Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather us and deliver us from the nations, to give thanks to Your holy name, and glory in Your praise.
Leader: Be glad in the Lord, you righteous ones, and give thanks to His holy name.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #100 Holy, Holy, Holy
We Confess Our Faith
The Apostles’ Creed
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Reading: John 1:5b-8
Leader: God is light; in him there in no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him, yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.
All: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from sin.
Leader: If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
Prayer of Confession
All: Most holy and merciful Father, We confess to you and to one another, that we have sinned against you by what we have done, and by what we have left undone. We have not loved you with our whole heart and mind and strength. We have not fully loved our neighbors as ourselves. We have not always had in us the mind of Christ. You alone know how often we have grieved you by wasting your gifts, by wandering from your ways. Forgive us, we pray you, most merciful Father; And free us from our sin. Renew in us the grace and strength of your Holy Spirit, for the sake of Jesus Christ your Son our Savior. Amen.
Silent Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon
Hymn of Assurance: Songs of Faith #6 Let Us Love and Sing and Wonder
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Grace Medley (1.) Amazing Grace – John Newton (2.) Grace Greater Than Our Sin-Julia Johnston
Johnston (1849-1919) the daughter of a Presbyterian minister, authored many books on Christian missions, along with many hymns. In 1910, wrote this hymn as a commentary on Romans 5, particularly 5:20b, which says: “But where sin abounded, Grace did much more abound.”
We Hear God Speak
(Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.)
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Be What You Are Romans 11: 16
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 2-19-23 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #335 We Are God’s People
The Lord’s Supper
A Word About Communion: Foothills Community Church welcomes all baptized Christians who are willing to forsake their sin and who are trusting in Jesus Christ for salvation to receive Communion with us. If you are not able to take Communion, we invite you to use this time to pray before God.
The Bread (is gluten-free)
The Cup (outer ring contains wine; inner rings contains grape juice)
Hymn of Response: Amazing Grace/My Chains Are Gone
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Christ Liveth in Me (verse 1)
Postlude: To God Be The Glory-W.H. Doan