We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Hymnal #196 Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as Adult Classes are in the basement. 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- Following worship, Middle School Communicants’ Class. Meal provided.
- 5:30 Tonight, “James: Christian Maturity” Community Group (address in Bulletin). Meal provided.
- 5:30 Tonight, Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin) Meal provided.
- 6:00 Tonight—Loftus Group (address in Bulletin). Dessert provided.
- 5:30 Wednesday—Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k through 7th. Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, Wednesday— “Faith of Our Fathers” small group.
- 6:15 pm Wednesday—High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided.
- 6 am Thursday—Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
- 8 am Saturday—Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study
Mark Your Calendar:
- December 12th, following worship, Congregational Meeting.
- 6:00 pm, December 19th, Kids’ Quest Christmas Program. If you are able to contribute cookies, please contact Tracy.
- 6:45 pm, December 16th, Women’s Bible Study. Study on the book of Ephesians. Meets every 1st and 3rd Thursday.
- 6:00 pm, December 24th, Christmas Candlelight Service.
- The Mercy Ministry Team is looking for someone to take over organizing the trash pick-up along the highway that our church adopted last year. This would include organizing two dates per year to clean. Please contact Kayla if you are interested in serving our community in this way.
- New Members Class starting soon. If you are interested in becoming a member of Foothills, please see Pastor Jeff.
- Adopt a Senior: Through Meals on Wheels, FCC is participating in their 2nd Annual Adopt a Senior Project. We have adopted 20 seniors. Please consider donating or taking a name tag off of the tree in the Foyer.
- Mending the Soul will start meeting in January. Support group for women who were sexually abused as minors. Applications in the foyer. Reach out to Kristen L. for more information.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
Responsive Call to Worship: Isaiah 9:2, 6, 7; Ephesians 1:3
Leader: The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned.
All: For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Leader: Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.
All: Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #223 While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks
We Confess Our Sin
Confession of Sin
Assurance of Pardon: Psalm 116:5; Colossians 1:13 & 14
Leader: Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; our God is merciful. He has delivered us from the dominion of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #200 It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
Advent Candle Lighting: Peace
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Sermon: The Old Man and The Body of Sin Romans 6: 5 – 11
Hymn of Response: Notebook #14 Yet Not I, But Through Christ In Me
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymnal #201 (verses 1, 4) O Little Town Of Bethlehem