We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Come, Christians, Join to Sing/ Madrid (Spanish Melody)
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #2 Reformation Song
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- There is no nursery, Toddlers’ or Children’s Church. Clipboards with coloring pages and sermon note taking sheets are available in the Foyer.
- 6:00 pm, August 14th, Session meeting.
- Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study will resume August 17th and 19th
- Sunday School will resume at 9:00 on September 10th. Exception: the High School class meets August 20th and 27th.
- August 20th, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- 5:30 pm, August 20th, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 6:30 pm, August 29th, Mercy Ministry team meeting.
- 10:00 am, August 31st, Fellowship Team meeting.
- September 15th and 16th ‘Flourishing in the Courts of Our God’ Women’s Retreat. The speaker will be Meaghan May and the seminar will be based on Psalm 92. Pamphlets with more information are available. Space is limited so use this opportunity to register early!
- We are looking for volunteers to sign up on a rotation to help make the Youth Group meals this year. The meal expense will be paid by the church. If interested in helping with these meals, please see Clea B.
- FCC’s Fellowship Team is looking for additional team members. If interested in helping in this area, please let Tracy or the office know.
- Mercy Bags are available to pick up from the Foyer to give to anyone in need. These bags are filled with different toiletry items, a $5 gift card, snack bar, and a gospel tract.
- Days 214-244 of the Family Devotionals are available to pick up from the basket in the Foyer.
- Every Monday and Thursday Love INC is open for any skilled volunteers to assist in their remodeling (sheetrock, taping/texturing, framers, window glazing, plumbing, landscaping, and painting). Love INC is also looking for a volunteer to help with office/administrative work. Please contact Bill M. or Becky M. and leave a message. Thank you for considering this.
Responsive Call to Worship: Psalm 85: 7 – 10; Revelation 19: 1
Leader: Show us your unfailing love, O LORD, and grant us your salvation.
All: Surely his salvation is near those who fear him, that his glory may dwell in our land.
Leader: Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other.
All: Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #529 Love Divine, All Loves Excelling
We Confess Our Sin
Call to Confession:
Leader: Remember that our Lord Jesus can sympathize with us in our weakness, since in every respect he was tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with boldness approach the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Let us confess our sins against God and against our neighbor.
Silent Confession of Sin
Corporate Prayer of Confession
All: Gracious God, our sins are too heavy to carry, too real to hide, and too deep to undo. Forgive what our lips tremble to name, what our hearts can no longer bear, and what has become for us a consuming fire of judgment. Set us free from a past that we cannot change; open to us a future in which we can be changed; and grant us grace to grow more and more in your likeness and image, through Jesus Christ, the light of the world. Amen.
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Isaiah 53:1-5
Leader: He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground.
All: He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
Leader: He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
All: Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Leader: Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.
All: But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.
Hymn of Assurance: Songs of Faith #15 In Christ Alone
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Amen/ Traditional Spiritual
We Hear God Speak
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
The Secret to a Heavy Life Psalm 1
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 8-6-23 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Songs of Faith #23 Knowing You
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymn: Take The Name of Jesus With You (verse 1)
Postlude: When the Roll is Called Up Yonder/James M. Black