We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring/ J. S. Bach
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #35 Resurrection Hymn
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- There will be no nursery, Toddlers Church, or Children’s Church today.
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Session meeting.
- 6:30 pm, Tuesday, Mercy Ministry Team meeting.
- 4:30 pm, Wednesday, Worship Team Practice
- 5:00 pm, Wednesday, Sonlight Puppeteer practice.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for pre-k—7th grade. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, J-Curve Study for the adults at the church. Meal provided. See Ron B. for more information.
- 6:15 pm, Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 6:00 pm, Friday, Men’s Family Shepherd Evening. Plan to join for another time of great food, fellowship, and study.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- Following worship, April 16th, Love and Respect Group. Childcare provided.
- 5:30 pm, April 16th, Community Groups meet at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into groups for prayer and study.
- 5:30 pm, April 16th, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- April 23rd, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- 5:30 pm, April 23rd, Kids’ Quest Program followed by a potluck meal. We will be recognizing our teachers and welcoming our new members as well. Watch for the potluck sign up link!
- 6:30 pm, April 29th, Women’s Clothing Swap.
- 9am-12, June 5-8, Vacation Bible School. There are limited spots this year so please make sure to pre-register. Volunteers and Participants may register online by scanning the QR Code in the bulletin.
- Mercy Bags are available in the Foyer and you are encouraged to take one or two to give to someone in need. A Mercy Bag is part of our FCC outreach ministry. It consists of a quart-sized bag filled with toiletry items, water, food, and a Gospel tract.
- Days 92-121 of the Family Devotional are available.
Responsive Call to Worship: The Lord Has Risen (from Luke 24: 5; 1 Corinthians 15: 53 – 57; John 11: 25)
Leader: Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here. He has risen!
All: He has risen indeed!
Leader: The Lord has risen!
All: He has risen indeed!
Leader: O death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your victory? Death is swallowed up in victory!
All: Christ has risen indeed!
Leader: Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. He that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whoever lives and believes in me shall never die.”
All: Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through the Lord Jesus Christ!
Hymn: Songs of Faith #9 Come People of the Risen King
Prayer of Adoration
Leader: The Lord has risen!
All: He has risen indeed! Alleluia!
Hymn: Hymnal #277 (verses 1-4) Christ the Lord Is Risen Today
Responsive Reading: From 1 Corinthians 15: 1 – 8; 1 Timothy 1: 14 – 17
Leader: Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received
All: That Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.
Leader: Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me, and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
All: The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners,
Leader: Of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.
All: To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
Hymn of Praise: Alleluia! Alleluia!
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Reading: Westminster Catechism Q 14
Leader: What is sin?
All: Sin is any want of conformity unto, or transgression of, the law of God.
Prayer of Confession
Silent Confession of Sin
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Heidelberg Question 29; Colossians 2: 13 – 15
Leader: Why is the Son of God called “Jesus,” meaning “savior”?
All: Because he saves us from our sins, and because salvation should not be sought and cannot be found in anyone else.
Leader: When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ.
All: He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.
Leader: And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
Hymn of Assurance: (verses 1, 3) Because He Lives
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: The Holy City/Stephen Adams
We Hear God Speak
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Is Everything Sad About to Become Untrue? Luke 24: 13 – 32
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 4-9-23 Sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #276 Up From The Grave He Arose
We Welcome New Members to the Body of Christ
Confirming their Baptism by Profession of Faith: Ian, Quintin, Owen, Jens
Receiving Baptism by Profession of Faith: Grant, Tyler
Hymn: Songs of Faith #15 In Christ Alone
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
He Lives (verse 3)
Postlude: Christ the Lord is Risen Today/ Lyra Davidica