We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #35 Resurrection Hymn
Greeting and Announcements
- 9:00 Sunday School for all ages. Pre-k through 7th Grade Classes as well as the Mama and Papa Bear Apologetics Class are in the basement. The Tabletalk Class is in the sanctuary and 8th-12th Grade meets in the Fireside Room.
- 10:30 Worship
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Mending the Soul Support Group.
- 6:30 pm, Tuesday, Mercy Ministry Team Meeting.
- 5:30 Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k through 7th. Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, Wednesday, “Faith of Our Fathers” small group.
- 6:15 pm Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 5:30 pm Thursday, Life INC.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
On the 2nd Sunday:
- 5:30 pm, April 10th, “James: Christian Maturity” Community Group at the church. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, April 10th, Loftus Community Group: at the church. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, April 10th, Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin). Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, April 11th, Session Meeting.
- 7:00 pm, April 15th, Good Friday Service.
- April 17th, there will be no Sunday School.
- April 24th, We will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- 6:00 pm, April 24th, Kids’ Quest Program.
- VBS helpers and teachers are needed! VBS is June 7th-10th. See Amy K. for more info.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
- April Devotionals are available on the bookshelf in the back of the sanctuary. This month you will study: God’s preparing words to the Israelites before entering the Promised Land in Deuteronomy, the Israelites possessing the Promised Land under Joshua’s leadership, Israel compromising their faith in Judges, and will begin studying God’s covenant loyalty in Ruth.
- The Mercy Team would like to offer the congregation the opportunity to help the Sturgis Women’s Shelter during the months of March and April. They have an ongoing need for the following items. If you can help, please bring items to church to the collection basket in the foyer and we will make sure they are taken to the shelter. THANK YOU!
Hygiene products (soap, shampoo, deodorant, lotions)
Responsive Call to Worship: 1 Chronicles 29: 10 – 13
Leader: Blessed are you, O Lord, the God of Israel our father, forever and ever.
All: Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is yours.
Leader: Yours is the kingdom, O Lord, and you are exalted as head above all.
All: Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #295 Crown Him With Many Crowns
We Confess Our Sin
Silent Confession of Sin
Corporate Confession of Sin:
Leader: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him, yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from sin. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. (John 1:5b-8)
All: Most holy and merciful Father, we confess to you and to one another, that we have sinned against you by what we have done, and by what we have left undone. We have not loved you with our whole heart and mind and strength. We have not fully loved our neighbors as ourselves. We have not always had in us the mind of Christ. You alone know how often we have grieved you by wasting your gifts, by wandering from your ways. Forgive us, we pray, most merciful Father; And free us from our sin. Renew in us the grace and strength of your Holy Spirit, for the sake of Jesus Christ your Son our Savior. Amen.
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Heidelberg Catechism Question 56; Romans 5: 1
Leader: What do you believe concerning “the forgiveness of sins”?
All: I believe that God, because of Christ’s satisfaction, will no longer remember any of my sins or my sinful nature which I need to struggle against all my life. Rather, by grace God grants me the righteousness of Christ to free me forever from judgment.
Leader: Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #253 There Is A Fountain
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Responsive Reading: 1 Chronicles 29: 12 – 13
Leader: Both riches and honor come from you, and you rule over all. In your hand are power and might, and in your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all.
All: And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
*Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddler’s Church for 2-4 years old, Children’s Church for 5 to 8 years old.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
Not Just a Child, But a Joint-Heir With Christ Romans 8: 14 – 17
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 4-3-22 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #693 Blessed Assurance
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymnal #481 (verses 1, 2) Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus