We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: Just As I Am/ Wm. Bradbury
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #7 O Church Arise
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is in the Sanctuary
- 9 am, New Members Class
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- Following worship, Love & Respect. Childcare provided.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Community Groups meet at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into groups for prayer and study.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 6:30 pm, Tuesday, Mercy Ministry Team meeting.
- 4:30 pm, Wednesday, Trash Pick Up. Please bring work gloves and closed-toe shoes. If you have any questions or would like to sign up, please contact Miles K.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- Pastor Jeff and Carey are out of town but will be back on May 14th to worship with us. If you have a pastoral need during this time, please contact an elder.
- 6:30 pm, May 12th, Women’s Fellowship.
- 6:00 pm, May 16th, Session Meeting.
- May 21st, we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- Monday Mornings, from 10-11:30 beginning May 29th, or Tuesday evenings, from 7-8:30 pm beginning May 30th, Women’s Bible study. See Rachel A. for more information.
- Days 122-152 of the Family Devotionals are available.
- 9am-12, June 5-8, Vacation Bible School. There are limited spots this year so please make sure to pre-register. Volunteers and Participants may register online by scanning the QR Code in the bulletin.
- Love INC’s annual Clothe-A-Kid Provides each child aged 5 thru entering 8th grade with $100 to go back to school shopping on August 19th! The commitment is Four hours involved in a Community/Church based project per family. Registration will be held at First Presbyterian on Wednesday, May 17th from 3-6 pm.
Responsive Call to Worship: Revelation 19:6-7
Leader: Then I heard what seemed to be the voice of a great multitude, like the roar of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, crying out
All: Hallelujah! For the Lord our God the Almighty reigns. Let us rejoice, and exult, and give him the glory!
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Ye Gates, Lift Your Heads
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: Heidelberg Catechism #21
Leader: What is true faith?
All: True faith is not only a certain knowledge whereby I hold for truth all that God has revealed to us in His Word; but also a hearty trust, which the Holy Spirit works in me by the Gospel, that not only to others, but to me also, forgiveness of sins, everlasting righteousness and salvation are freely given by God, merely of grace, only for the sake of Christ’s merits.
We Confess Our Sin
Corporate Confession of Sin: From the Book of Common Prayer
All: Almighty God, unto whom all hearts are open, all desires are known, and from whom no secrets are hidden; cleanse the thoughts of our hearts by the inspiration of your Holy Spirit, so that we may perfectly love you, and worthily magnify your holy name; through Christ our Lord, Amen.
Silent Confession of Sin
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Matthew 11:28-30
Leader: Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
All: Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #347 The Church’s One Foundation
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Soon and Very Soon/ Andrea’ Crouch(1942-2015) Father of Modern Gospel
We Hear God Speak
(Following this time, a nursery is available, Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4, and Children’s Church for ages 5-8.)
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
God’s Kingdom – The Oil of True Faith (Matt 25:1-13)
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #320 Rejoice, All Ye Believers
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Hymn: God is the Strength of My Heart
Postlude: Christ is Risen From the Dead/ Norman Warren