We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #25 Lift High The Name of Jesus
- 9 am, Sunday School for all ages. Preschool-7th meets downstairs, High School meets in the Fireside Room, and the Adult class is in the Sanctuary
- 9 am, New Members Class
- 10:30 Worship in the sanctuary.
- Today we will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- Today there will be no children’s church. There will still be a nursery available and Toddlers’ Church.
- 5:30 pm, Tonight, Kids’ Quest Program followed by a potluck meal. We will be recognizing our teachers and welcoming our new members as well.
- 4:30 pm, Wednesday, Worship Team Practice
- 5:00 pm, Wednesday, Sonlight Puppeteer practice.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for pre-k—7th grade. Meal provided.
- 5:30 pm, Wednesday, J-Curve Study for the adults at the church. Meal provided. See Ron B. for more information.
- 6:00 pm, High School Youth Group at the Loud American in the upstairs room. Food will be provided.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 6:30 pm, Saturday, Women’s Clothing Swap.
- Pastor Jeff and Carey will be out of town beginning Wednesday, April 26th and will be back on May 14th to worship with us. If you have a pastoral need during that time, please contact an elder.
- Following worship, April 30th, Love and Respect Group. Childcare provided.
- 5:30 pm, April 30th, Community Groups meet at the church. Fellowship meal, hymn sing, and then will break off into groups for prayer and study.
- 5:30 pm, April 30th, Young Adult Bible Study at Jay and Kayla’s. (Address in bulletin) Meal provided.
- 6:30 pm, May 2nd, Mercy Ministry Team meeting.
- 4:30 pm, May 3rd, Trash Pick Up. Please bring work gloves and closed-toe shoes. If you have any questions or would like to sign up, please contact Miles K.
- 6:30 pm, May 12th, Women’s Fellowship.
- Tuesday evenings, beginning May 30th from 7-8:30 pm, Women’s Bible study. See Rachel A. for more information.
- 9am-12, June 5-8, Vacation Bible School. There are limited spots this year so please make sure to pre-register. Volunteers and Participants may register online by scanning the QR Code in the bulletin.
- Love INC is participating in the city-wide garage sale as a fundraiser and is asking for donations. They are accepting donations for this fundraiser from April 26th through the 29th. Please bring donations to the office between the hours of 9-3. They would really appreciate your donations of large and small items and they even have a volunteer that would be able to get the larger items if needed. For questions please call Becky.
A Moment for Ministry: Women’s Bible Study
Responsive Call to Worship: 2 Samuel 22: 2 – 4, 47, 50
Leader: The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior.
All: I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.
Leader: The Lord lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be my God, the rock of my salvation.
All: For this I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations, and sing praises to your name.
Prayer of Adoration
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #53 (verses 1, 5) Praise to the Lord
We Confess Our Faith
Responsive Reading: The Apostles’ Creed
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #705 (verses 1, 2) I Know Whom I Have Believed
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Reading: John 1:5b-8
Leader: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him, yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth.
All: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from sin.
Leader: If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
Silent Confession of Sin
Prayer of Confession
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: From Psalm 103: 8 – 13
Leader: The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. He will not always chide, nor will he keep his anger forever.
All: He does not deal with us according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquities.
Leader: For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;
All: As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.
Leader: As a father shows compassion to his children, so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him.
Hymn of Assurance: Hymnal #307 Nothing But the Blood
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
We Hear God Speak
(Following this time, a nursery is available and Toddlers’ Church for ages 2-4.)
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
All In On The Grace and Glory of God Romans 11: 33 – 36
A copy of the sermon notes is available: sermon notes 4-23-23
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #455 (verses 1, 3, 4, 5) And Can It Be
The Lord’s Supper
A Word About Communion: Foothills Community Church welcomes all baptized Christians who are willing to forsake their sin and who are trusting in Jesus Christ for salvation to receive Communion with us. If you are not able to take Communion, we invite you to use this time to pray before God.
The Bread (is gluten-free)
The Cup (outer ring contains wine; inner rings contains grape juice)
Music Team Special: Behold the Lamb
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #173 Praise Him! Praise Him!
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
Our God Is An Awesome God