We Gather Together to Worship Our God
Prelude: I Know That My Redeemer Liveth/ Handel’s Messiah
Gathering Hymn: Songs of Faith #9 Come People of the Risen King
Greeting and Announcements
- 10:30 Worship
- 6:00 pm, Monday, Mending the Soul Support Group.
- 5:30 Wednesday, Kids’ Quest for grades pre-k through 7th. Meal provided.
- 6:00 pm, Wednesday, “Faith of Our Fathers” small group.
- 6:15 pm Wednesday, High School Youth Group at the Community Center. Meal provided.
- 6 am Thursday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- 8 am Saturday, Men’s Prayer-time and Bible Study.
- April 24th, We will celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- 6:00 pm, April 24th, Kids’ Quest Program.
- 3:00-6:00 pm, April 27th, Clothe-a-Kid Registration at First Presbyterian church. This annual program gives K-8th grade children each $100 to spend on back-to-school clothing in August. Call Love INC at 605-206-3515 for more information.
- 5:00 pm, May 1st, please join us for a Potluck and Hymn Sing. We will be recognizing our teachers who have served us the last year and will also be celebrating the addition of new members. A food sign-up will be shared soon.
- 5:30, May 8th, “James: Christian Maturity” Community Group at the church. Meal provided.
- 5:30, May 8th, Loftus Community Group at the church. Meal provided.
- 5:30, May 8th, Young Adult Bible Study (address in Bulletin) Meal provided.
- VBS helpers and teachers are needed! VBS is June 7th-10th. See Amy K. for more info.
- Everyone in the congregation is invited to Right Now Media (rightnow.org). Email Foothillsccpca@gmail.com to be added.
- The Mercy Team would like to offer the congregation the opportunity to help the Sturgis Women’s Shelter during the months of March and April. They have an ongoing need for the following items. If you can help, please bring items to church to the collection basket in the foyer and we will make sure they are taken to the shelter. THANK YOU!
Hygiene products (soap, shampoo, deodorant, lotions)
Responsive Call to Worship: The Lord Has Risen (from Luke 24: 5; 1 Corinthians 15: 53 – 57; John 11: 25)
Leader: Why do you seek the living among the dead. He is not here. He has risen!
All: He has risen indeed!
Leader: The Lord has risen!
All: He has risen indeed!
Leader: O death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your victory? Death is swallowed up in victory!
All: Christ has risen indeed!
Leader: Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life. He that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whoever lives and believes in me shall never die.
All: Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through the Lord Jesus Christ!
Hymn: Songs of Faith #35 Resurrection Hymn
Prayer of Adoration
Leader: The Lord has risen!
All: He has risen indeed! Alleluia!
Hymn: Hymnal #276 Up From the Grave
Responsive Reading: From 1 Corinthians 15: 1 – 8; 1 Timothy 1: 14 – 17
Leader: Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received
All: That Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.
Leader: Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me, and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
All: The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners,
Leader: Of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.
All: To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.
Hymn of Praise: Hymnal #277 (verses 1-4) Christ the Lord Is Risen Today
We Confess Our Sin
Responsive Reading: Westminster Catechism Q 14
Leader: What is sin?
All: Sin is any want of conformity unto, or transgression of, the law of God.
Prayer of Confession
Silent Confession of Sin
Responsive Assurance of Pardon: Heidelberg Question 29; Colossians 2: 13 – 15
Leader: Why is the Son of God called “Jesus,” meaning “savior”?
All: Because he saves us from our sins, and because salvation should not be sought and cannot be found in anyone else.
Leader: When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ.
All: He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.
Leader: And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
Hymn of Assurance: (verses 1, 3) Because He Lives
We Give Thanks To The Lord
Tithes and Offerings
Offertory: Hallelujah! What A Savior! ( Phillip Bliss) In the setting of Rachmaninoff’s Prelude in C# Minor( The Bells of Moscow) Written in 1892 at 19 years of age.
We Hear God Speak
*Today there is no nursery, Toddler’s Church, or Children’s Church. There are clipboards and coloring bags with activities available in the back of the church.
Prayer of God’s People
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth, As it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, The power, and the glory, forever. Amen.
The Incomparable Glory That Is Ours Romans 8: 16 – 18
A copy of the sermon notes is available: 4-17-22 sermon notes
Hymn of Response: Hymnal #267 The Day of Resurrection
We Welcome New Members to the Body of Christ
Confirming Their Baptism by Profession of Faith: Grace H., Ben A., Miles V., Tully H., Jack J.
Receiving Baptism by Profession of Faith: Miles K.
Hymn: Songs of Faith #15 In Christ Alone
We Are Dismissed with God’s Blessing
He Lives (verse 3)
Postlude: Christ the Lord is Risen Today/ Lyra Davidica